Where Do You Think The "United States" Will Be In 20 Years?

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 03:55 pm
I don't see the Union surviving much more of this tribal ****, and then look out world because the true authoritarians in China will launch a new dynasty
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 401 • Replies: 6
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:48 pm
Trump-haters today are little different from Lincoln-haters during the Civil War. History will remember them accordingly.

I think 2036 will be the first time since Obama that a Democrat is elected to the White House.

This Democrat will be a moderate. The Democrats will have gotten so sick of losing the White House that they will purge all the extremist nutcases from their party and nominate a "Trump lite" as their standard bearer.

The Republicans will be back in the White House in 2044. The 21st century is a Republican century.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:51 pm
I hope we manage to avoid war with China. There are several Chinese posters on a2k -- mostly in the English learning threads.

Also a girl from my old World of Warcraft guild is Chinese and lives in Beijing. I didn't know her well, but she seemed nice.

And when Usama bin Ladin was killed, I saw a random internet post from someone in China who cursed his soul and wished him endless suffering in Hell. It was a striking contrast to all the western liberals who were barely able to hide their grief over their fallen hero.

I will be horrified if any of these people ever experience suffering because of American weapons.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It'll probably still be here. It may look a bit different as far as the political landscape (physical too) goes; but, most likely be around.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2018 04:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I don't see the Union surviving much more of this tribal ****, and then look out world because the true authoritarians in China will launch a new dynasty

The Communists there aren't true authoritarians?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:41 pm
@InfraBlue,
I shouldn't but I will take that as something other than a snide crack: the Chinese dictators are the true authoritarians...as opposed to Donald Trump.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

Something of which you approve?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2018 03:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I certainly don't approve, but Donald Trump would.

I'm sure the US insurance companies would also.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where Do You Think The "United States" Will Be In 20 Years?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:47:55