Did I do something wrong?

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 05:55 am
I have a 4.5 year old son, which I have primary custody of. His mother and I have not been together for almost 4 years now. His mother has a boyfriend and they have been together for about 3 years. I have been with a woman, off-and-on, for 2 years. Recently my son started preschool. On his first day of preschool, the boyfriend of my sons mom, took a picture of me and my son and my son's mother together for his first day of school. the woman who I have been with off-and-on says she doesn't want to speak to me anymore because I took a picture with my son's mom on my son's first day of preschool. Did I really do something wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 798 • Replies: 6
No top replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 06:54 am
@515hawkeye,
Well, you could have suggested she come with you to bring your son to school, given how your ex did the same with her current bf. She might feel a bit left out.

My suggestion? Try to talk about it, ask her directly what's bothering her.
515hawkeye

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 06:59 am
@najmelliw,
Unfortunately, we live 40 minutes apart and she has two kids of her own to take to school at the same time.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 07:46 am
@515hawkeye,
I don't think you did anything wrong. I am in a similar situation. I have a daughter who has a mother, and I have a girlfriend.

My girlfriend understands that I have co-parenting relationship with the mother of my daughter. My daughter is important to me. Keeping a cooperative relationship with the mother of my daughter is important to me. I go with her mother to my daughter's performances, meetings with teachers, presentations, girl scout activities. It is all part of being a good father... looking out for what is best for your child.

Your girlfriend is being ridiculous. If she can't accept that you are a father, then she shouldn't be dating someone with children.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:39 am
@515hawkeye,
You did the right thing for your son and that's the important thing.

Your son started preschool and he deserves to know that his parents can celebrate his important moments together.

Does this off/on woman have an issue with you being a good parent to your son? if you think the off/on relationship is going to be more than occasional sex/whatnot, I think you need to have a serious sit-down with her and talk about the importance of your role as a father. Part of that role means being able to share good moments with your son's mother - to help him have a solid base - and some terrific memories to look back on.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:41 am
@515hawkeye,
515hawkeye wrote:
the woman who I have been with off-and-on says she doesn't want to speak to me anymore

that might be a good thing eh
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:19 pm
Drop her.

She does not understand the importance of cooperative parenting.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Did I do something wrong?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:42:43