I have feelings for my former teacher, is this wrong?

Zefram

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 07:22 pm
I’m a 21 year old man and she’s a 43 year old woman. I know the 22 year age difference would probably be a lot to get past and so would being her former student but damnit I just find her so damn beautiful, intelligent, sweet, kind and interesting. I went back to my former high school to reconnect a little while back and was intent on visiting again and was thinking this time I might ask her out, try my hand. I mean, really, worst comes to worst she’s flattered by having a younger man’s interest right?

I’ve been out of school for 3 years and out of her class for 5. I don’t live on my own (live with my dad, getting my own place soon) but I own a car, work as a bank teller and am working on starting up a company. So I may be young but it’s not like I don’t have goals and ambitions with my life and we get along fairly well, I’m able to make her laugh pretty easily.

She's a really beautiful woman and I find her really impressive. I know, I know I don't really know her. But I'd like to.
Half of the people I get opinions from say it's a horrible idea, the other half say go for it and I'm just so ******* torn.

Is it really a crazy or wrong idea?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,647 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 07:44 pm
@Zefram,
What the hell. You're both grownups. See what happens. But don't be surprised if she turns out to be less impressive as you get to know her better. If you are able to, that is. If a crush turns into something else, sometimes the object of the crush (her) doesn't quite live up to the crusher's (you) expectations.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2018 05:50 am
Assuming you have already checked out if she’s not married, ask her to have lunch or coffee after school. You probably need some advice about your business, anyway.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2018 06:01 am
@Zefram,
If she is single, then why not? No harm in asking.

But I would second the thought expressed earlier that the image you have of her as your teacher may not be reality. Good luck.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I have feelings for my former teacher, is this wrong?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.44 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:18:04