Trinity Question

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:46 pm
If God in Isaiah 41 to 46 says he is the only God, there are no others, then how can there be verses in the New Testament that say there is one God, and one Lord Jesus??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 788 • Replies: 6
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:08 pm
@Cudabob496,
Religions cash in on the uniquely human preoccupation wuth 'word magic' (..prayers...chanting...'holy writ'...etc). Magic per se can involve 'magic numbers' of which 3 is a common example. In Hinduism you get 'the three ghunas' (cosmic forces).. In esotericism you get 'the law lf three' which bears a relationship to Hegel's 'dialectic' (thesis, antithesis,synthesis).
Little wonder that some aspects of 'christianity' encompass these common cognitive structures

You may not want to hear this rational explanation and prefer to stick to the futile arguments about biblical niceties. But bare in mind that there are whole roomfuls of so called 'biblical scholars' who spend their days arguing about such niceties and have done for centuries.!

BTW Isaac Newton had a problem holding the position Master of Trinity College Cambridge should his disbelief 'n 'the trinity' became known
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:29 pm
@fresco,
There were many books that were not included in the final version of the Bible. Even then there are many errors, omissions and contradictions. So anyone who wish to follow the word of the Bible must have some ability to reconcile those words of wisdom. I prefer a good novel by contemporary writers, but it also includes authors like Victor Hugo who wrote Les Miserables. I've read several James Michener and Ian Fleming books. My current favorite is Simon Winchester.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 01:03 am
@Cudabob496,
Quote:
If God in Isaiah 41 to 46 says he is the only God, there are no others, then how can there be verses in the New Testament that say there is one God, and one Lord Jesus??

Because it is written.

This seemingly paradoxical question about the explication of the divine trine is simplicity itself.

All one or three need do is visualise several rooms full of tiny roomfuls of angels dancing on the heads of pins, the pins spin into place like googolplex googol roomsful of gods and believers, such is the power and the complexity of struth.

god is one, jesus is one, the spirit is one. it's a triple treat. you've heard of buy one get one free, well step right up farquhar, this is a threefa all.

Three's just too good to be true
Can't take six eyes offa you
Hanging in heaven so much
Don't wanna hold, please don't touch
At long last my cabs arrived
No thanks to you I survived
You're just no good it is true
Can't take my eyes offa you
Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 03:54 am
Damn . . . I thought this would be about the site where the first atom bomb was set off. This thread is boring.
visceral

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:54 am
@laughoutlood,
hahaahaha
cute
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 01:30 pm
@Setanta,
I worked with atom bombs in the Air Force. There are many safety features that prevents accidental implosions. We have some conventional bombs that are posted on able2know, but their effects are not that great.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Trinity Question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 07:48:15