A woman's place in church?

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 04:00 pm
I have been doing some Bible study lately...

I found this one interesting and decided to throw it out there... Very Happy

Have a nice day y'all' Smile

1Co 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

Retranslated:

Keep close your wife. Keep close among the assembly. Indeed permit nothing suffer her. Speak and obey just as laid forth by the law.

Let = see-gah'-o; from G4602; to keep silent (transitively or intransitively):—keep close (secret, silence), hold peace.

Your = hoo-mone'; genitive case of G5210; of (from or concerning) you:—ye, you, your (own, -selves).

Women = goo-nay'; probably from the base of G1096; a woman; specially, a wife:—wife, woman

Keep silence = see-gah'-o; from G4602; to keep silent (transitively or intransitively):—keep close (secret, silence), hold peace.

In = ἐν en, en; a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between G1519 and G1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:—about, after, against, + almost, × altogether, among, × as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (… sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), × mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, × outwardly, one, × quickly, × shortly, (speedi-)ly, × that, × there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(-with), while, with(-in).

The churches = ek-klay-see'-ah; from a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, i.e. (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both):—assembly, church.

For = gar; a primary particle; properly, assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles):—and, as, because (that), but, even, for, indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.

It is = ep-ee-trep'-o; from G1909 and the base of G5157; to turn over (transfer), i.e. allow:—give leave (liberty, license), let, permit, suffer.

Not = oo; a primary word; the absolute negative (compare G3361) adverb; no or not:—+ long, nay, neither, never, no (X man), none, (can-)not, + nothing, + special, un(-worthy), when, + without, + yet but. See also G3364, G3372.

Permitted = ep-ee-trep'-o; from G1909 and the base of G5157; to turn over (transfer), i.e. allow:—give leave (liberty, license), let, permit, suffer.

Unto them = ow-tos'; from the particle αὖ aû (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative G1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:—her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare G848.

G848 how-too’; contracted for G1438; self (in some oblique case or reflexively, relation):—her (own), (of) him(-self), his (own), of it, thee, their (own), them(-selves), they.

To speak = lal-eh'-o; a prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e. utter words:—preach, say, speak (after), talk, tell, utter. Compare G3004.

G3004 leg'-o; a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and G5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while G4483 is properly to break silence merely, and G2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:—ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter.

But = al-lah'; neuter plural of G243; properly, other things, i.e. (adverbially) contrariwise (in many relations):—and, but (even), howbeit, indeed, nay, nevertheless, no, notwithstanding, save, therefore, yea, yet.

They are commanded to be unto obedience = hoop-ot-as'-so; from G5259 and G5021; to subordinate; reflexively, to obey:—be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto.

As = kath-oce'; from G2596 and G5613; just (or inasmuch) as, that:—according to, (according, even) as, how, when.

Sayeth = leg'-o; a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and G5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while G4483 is properly to break silence merely, and G2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:—ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter.

The law = nom'-os; from a primary νέμω némō (to parcel out, especially food or grazing to animals); law (through the idea of prescriptive usage), genitive case (regulation), specially, (of Moses (including the volume); also of the Gospel), or figuratively (a principle):—law.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 857 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2018 09:11 pm
@onevoice,
It sounds like the lesson there is that women should stay out of the church.
onevoice

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:54 pm
@Glennn,
Glenn... If I were there at this point... I would RUUUUN! LOL
glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:51 pm
@onevoice,
And run fast so that the congregation doesn’t catch up and drag you back. Do they still make P.F. Flyers. (They made us run like the wind...at least we thought they did)
Glennn

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 09:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
. . . P.F. Flyers. (They made us run like the wind...at least we thought they did)

Thought they did?? Thought they did my ass!! They made me run faster and jump higher. That is a fact. If they didn't do that for you, well then, that's probably because you were a girl, and they don't work for girls.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:31 pm
@Glennn,
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??? Why you slimy sonav......did you just say I couldn’t jump as high or run as fast because I’m a girl???
roger

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, not in them shoes you couldn't.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
@roger,
I loved my pf flyers.......if I still had a pair I would ......well...... never mind. ...you better just hope I don’t find a pair (I’m looking at you and Glennn)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:53 am
Ever'body knows what a woman's place is . . .

Get out in that kitchen
And rattle those pots and pans
Get out in that kitchen
And rattle those pots and pans
Well, roll my breakfast
'Cause I'm a hungry man
I said, shake, rattle, and roll
Well, you'll never do nothing
To save your doggone soul
onevoice

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 07:25 pm
@Setanta,
Got me a good chuckle over that one Set!

Several times... Lol...

Yes perhaps it was at one time...

But in case you didn't notice... There have been all KINDS of movements over the years...

One of them being women's rights...

So I think perhaps this would be more accurate to this generation... Wink

As sad as I am to distinguish a generation at all...

Therefore dating even myself... Lol

onevoice

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 07:28 pm
@Glennn,
Ok... So... What in the heck are P. F. Flyers? Was this a door to door thing? Like trying to sell vacuums? Lol
glitterbag

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 08:27 pm
@onevoice,
There were retail competition for Keds tennis shoes. Very popular with young children because the tv ads promised you could run faster and jump higher wearing p.f. Flyers........Kids loved them.
Glennn

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 09:20 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY??? Why you slimy sonav......did you just say I couldn’t jump as high or run as fast because I’m a girl???

No, that's not at all what I meant. You might very well have been able to outrun and outjump boys. What I'm saying is that PF Flyers would not have had any effect on your performance because they only enhance the performance of boys. And I'd dare say that the boys that you could run faster and jump higher than would likely have bested you IF they had been wearing PF Flyers.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 09:27 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
. . . the tv ads promised you could run faster and jump higher wearing p.f. Flyers

Yeah, and since tv ads don't lie, PF Flyers do not disappoint. Why do you think they're available even today, huh? Because they DON'T live up to their promise?? I have several pair of them, and I would be nothing without them.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 09:36 pm
@Glennn,
Oh yeah? Sez who?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 01:23 am
@onevoice,
Egad . . . not dreaded feminism ! ? ! ?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 01:53 am
@Glennn,
Ok Glennn, if you don’t respond quickly........remember I know where you live.
onevoice

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 06:57 am
@Setanta,
You know Set... I don't think of it as feminism... I think of it as women finally finding their place in this world... Smile Because in thinking about this I realized I totally mistitled this thread. Forget the church...

No screw the church...

I should have titled this A woman's place in society...

Because the reality of this situation is that whether you believe in God or not... Go to church or not...

The church has been the primary factor in how women have been treated in society...

I mean... Do you guys see that?

Where did this "ideal of a woman's place" originate?

How was it women got put under man's feet... As if we are subservient to them?

The root belief... That does not require actual belief in God...

That Eve sinned first... Therefore causing the fall of all of mankind...

Therefore "man" is to "lead" the household...

Even though Adam sinned twice... and Eve only sinned once...

But let's not talk Bible cause I know how y'all hate that...

Let's talk about why it is women even HAVE HAD to fight for equality?

Plain and simple I blame the church and their twisted, prejudicial doctrines that come from the simple fact that every translation we have ever had of the Bible has been done by MEN...

And as I dig into the original texts... It becomes more and more apparent just how twisted men have had it all along. Wink

Amoh5

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 08:08 am
@onevoice,
And to make things worse, the fake self-proclaimed apostle Pauline goes and says that "all scripture is God breathed" and all these idiots of today believe him as though Lord Jesus is his equal, I find it shocking. Lord Jesus never said all scripture is God breathed, because there is a lot of scripture that is really immoral (or unChristian) which includes demeaning females.
I only like reading the gospels of Lord Jesus, his words are the only true words of God in my opinion. I don't like reading the old testament or any non-gospel scripture of the new testament. Lord Jesus loves men and women equally.
Thats why a lot of the males within the church of today like following the fake words of Pauline so they can participate in this perverted elevation of men, but when they're in the midst of the gospels and Lord Jesus, they take their masks off and behave themselves.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2018 04:14 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I know where you live.

Doesn't matter. Even if you found me, you'd never catch me because guess what I'm wearing!

1. Forums
  2. » A woman's place in church?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:29:17