aetherian

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:49 am
Why are we so reluctant to accept the truth of reincarnations? There is no death it is only a change of environment free of the restrictions of the material body.
The worst thing the church did was to invent hell and deny rebirth.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 994 • Replies: 11
No top replies

fresco

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:12 am
@Aetherian,
Next ! Mr. Green
rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 12:47 pm
@Aetherian,
Aetherian wrote:

I'm not sure that's the worst thing they did.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 01:47 pm
I have to go along with Roswell. The Church, as in the Roman church, took steps to crush the so-called Pelagian heresy in the 5th century; ruthlessly crushed the so-called Cathar heresy in the 13th century (which involved the plundering, rape and murder of tens of thousands in the southern part of what is now France), as well as the so-called Waldensian heresy in that century; the so-called Beghard heresy in the 14th century, and the so-called Lollard heresy in the 15th century.

Then there were those charming crusades. When the first crusade was announced, people went out in the Rhineland and started robbing, raping and murdering Jews just to celebrate. As that amorphous mob wandered more or less east across Europe, they plundered, raped and murdered in Christian towns, and broke into Belgrade do do the same. The Imperial commander in the city of Nis rounded up the peasants in the nearby countryside and drove them and their livestock into the city, and then closed the gates. He was not about to welcome those so-called Christians into his city.

Lest anyone get snotty about the Protestants being superior to the Catholics in this regard, one only need look at the slaugher of alleged witches. A German study in 1995 estimated 40,000 to 60,000 "witches" burned, hung or drowned. The figure of 40,000 is based on written records; the higher number comes from reports of the witch burning craze in the countryside where written records weren't kept.

Of course, we can't know how many Muslims and Jews were killed in the middle east and north Africa during the crusades. But don't despair, it is with us still. Without considering the murder of doctors who perform abortions and the maiming and killing of clinic workers in the bombings, in the U.S., there is the record of the wars in the former Yugoslavia. In addition to the maimed and murdered in Sarajevo, and the Bosnian Serb rape camps, there was that wonderful example of Christian virtue in Srebrenica--between 7000 and 8000 unarmed Muslim men and boys executed outright, in 1995.

Ah yes, there were far worse things than denying somebody's idiot claims about reincarnation.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 02:36 pm
@Aetherian,
Quote:
There is no death it is only a change of environment free of the restrictions of the material body.

And you know this, how? Same as myself, you don't actually know. You have a belief, many beliefs, that doesn't make them true to anyone else.

Quote:
the worst thing the church did was to invent hell and deny rebirth.

Really? You think that is the worst?
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:58 pm
@Aetherian,
Aetherian wrote:

Why are we so reluctant to accept the truth of reincarnations? There is no death it is only a change of environment free of the restrictions of the material body.

Yes, I agree! In fact, one of my previous reincarnations was the one to invent hell! Actually, me and the other 60 reincarnations after that schmuck still curse him to this day! May he rot in his own hell! Or would that be me?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:31 pm
@Aetherian,
Quote:
Why are we so reluctant to accept the truth of reincarnations?

The inconvenient lack of any evidence.

However, your profile is a ripping yarn.

"I am an old man now of 93 years. I used to be a general practitioner experimenting with acupuncture.

I was born in the UK and after qualifying in medicine I was conscripted into the army and sent to the canal zone in Egypt for two years.

After 8 years of dissatisfaction with the health system I emigrated to New Zealand for 5 years but settled in Victoria Australia where I remain today.

My meeting with George King in 1958 changed my outlook on life completely. I wrote a book "Metaphysics and The New Age" available on Amazon, and is still on the computer for transmission free to any keen enough to ask for it.

It contains my experience with the spiritual aspects of metaphysics, and the occult history of the Earth which narrowly missed being taken over three times in the years following 1949-1945 war. We were about to be totally killed each time, apart from some unfortunates who might have survived when Hell planned to rise up into this world. The frightening thing about that one is how it was planned and could have happened, but we were saved by the sacrifices of Adepts alien to us taking six months in sorties into the lower astral, but safely within a few weeks of the margin allowed by The Lords of Karma."
fresco

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:47 am
@laughoutlood,
Ah... so its a valedictory - an attempt to rationalise and reinforce a life pre-occopied with cultism. As such it looks no better or worse than the mainstream cults we call 'religion'.
I suppose that by the age of 93, anything might look better than Shakespeare's observation that....
'Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 01:22 am
@fresco,
You presumably know that offshoot cults from theosophy are prolific. King seems to have plagarised aspects of Gurdjieff's 'cosmology' and combined it with the more recent interest in 'alien contact'. Judging by the continuity of such cults, of which yours is a minor player, the search for 'meaning' however bizarre, seems to be a basic human frailty.
0 Replies

Aetherian

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 04:34 am
I should have said some of the worst........
rosborne979

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 05:07 am
@Aetherian,
Aetherian wrote:

I should have said some of the worst........

Oh come on, don’t try to sound reasonable now, it doesn’t fit your general pattern.
0 Replies

steven bill

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 08:36 am
@Aetherian,
you think hell was `invented?'--there are Atheist who had near death experiences and thought they `saw' hell.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » aetherian
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:36:31