iandu76

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 08:22 am
Does anyone know any idiom(s) using the words "reciprocal or reciprocality" and "retribution or retributive" or have idea to find one should guide me, please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,052 • Replies: 6
No top replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:32 am
@iandu76,
"Payback's a bitch," is an idiom that uses their meanings. I don't know of any that use the words themselves. Try coining one, e.g. "retributive reciprocality is a dam."
iandu76

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:42 am
I mean those expressions that suggest something like (for the reciprocal) "anything you do good or bad it will surely somehow come back to you", " whatever you do to me I will surely somehow return it", if you do for me I will do for you" etc and for the other is (the retributive) to suggest like "unforgiving situation which is quick to return bad for bad" etc.
0 Replies

iandu76

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 09:43 am
@InfraBlue,
I mean ones that suggest something like (for the reciprocal) "anything you do good or bad it will surely somehow come back to you", " whatever you do to me I will surely somehow return it", if you do for me I will do for you" etc and for the other is (the retributive) to suggest like "unforgiving situation which is quick to return bad for bad" etc.
Based on your suggestion I got this: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Paybacks%20a%20bitch%21

Thank you for the contribution.
0 Replies

iandu76

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:13 am
@InfraBlue,
(continued) I found your Suggested expression very useful which I confirmed @ https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Paybacks%20a%20bitch%21
Thanks alot.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:56 am
Yes, payback is used. So is karma.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:57 am
come·up·pance

ˌkəmˈəpəns/
nouninformal
a punishment or fate that someone deserves.
"he got his comeuppance"
synonyms: just deserts, just punishment, due, retribution, requital, what's coming to one
"the bad guys always get their comeuppance in the final scene"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » IDIOM
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:41:52