Fear of hiv

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:00 am
Hi, this may sound very stupid but i have this greatest fear of this disease. So please help. I went to get my blood test done today. I doubt that while collecting the sample the man got pricked by the syringe he used to take out the blood. Although he seemed alright and didnt even looked at his finger and wrotr my name on the paper. I want to know is there any risk if he actually got pricked ny the needle that he used to take my blood sample?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:22 am
@Tbeginner,
Wait! Do I understand this correctly?

He took your blood sample first. Then he got pricked by the syringe.

Is that what you are saying? If so, I don't see how that would work.

Tbeginner

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:38 am
@maxdancona,
Just before collecting the sample (i doubt) though he seemed alright after that and took the sample.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 12:10 pm
@Tbeginner,
Yes, if he pricked himself with the syringe that he used to take the sample, that would be a problem. I find it a little hard to believe that a medical professional would do that.

To spread HIV, you need to come into contact with an infected persons blood. If you didn't come into contact with his blood, then there is no risk. I also am pretty sure that medical professional are tested themselves... the chance that he was infected is pretty low.

I would be troubled if a medical professional didn't follow safety protocol. I still think the risk of you contracting HIV from this is very low.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 12:40 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree. The chances are pretty much minuscule these days.
0 Replies

Tbeginner

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 12:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you so much. I am just thinking too much. I dint know why i have developed this fear of contracting this disease. I have got myself tested several times and the results are always negative even then this anxiety doesnt go away. Even if he got accidentaly pricked he would have given a reaction or atleast looked at his finger to see if something happened but nothing of this sort happened. He just took the sample and collected my details. Even i had this doubt only what if he got accidenatlly pricked? I guess i need to stop overthinking coz it will just ruin my mind 😅
maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 01:02 pm
@Tbeginner,
Have you considered therapy? There must be something behind this fear you have, and it seems to be really bothering you. Having this level of anxiety doesn't sound like fun.

Talking to a therapist might help.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fear of hiv
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:35:16