RECURRING MOLD - What will work?

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:35 pm
I live in a high humidity area. The home once had a leak in the roof and although fixed it is safe to say mold contamination continued for some time before discovered.

The home is made of concrete and has a suspended PVC ceiling and a false attic with metal roof. I've fogged the inside of the house with a cold fogger and Concrrobium Mold Control. I am getting ready to do the attic side tomorrow.

My concern is that the house was fogged on the inside just days ago and there is already thread like dust appearing on the ceiling again. This accumulates fairly rapidly. I think it is a yeast or mold.

Every time I clean the HEPA filters there is an accumulation of threadlike mass in the prefilter. The off white threadlike mass is also showing up in the first part of my morning stool.

I fear I am not going to be able to kill or control this. Is it possible the mold has become embedded in the PVC ceiling and this will need to be replaced or should I abandon the home if the most recent round of Concrobium fails to work?

Is there any non spore forming mold, yeast, or mildew which the Concrobium would fail on because it dosnt need spores to spread?

Any suggestions or insights into this would be appreciated. If anyone knows what type of mold we are likely dealing with I am curious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 387 • Replies: 3
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm
@Hopeless1,
Try taking photo's and then calling the manufacturer of the Concrobium to see what they say.
Hopeless1

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 02:08 pm
@rosborne979,
That is a very solid idea and good thinking. I am open to other suggestions and experiences.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 05:19 pm
@Hopeless1,
Have you tried a simple dehumidifier? Small units are around $100 and can control moisture fairly easily. Whole house air conditioning can also de-humidify the whole home as well.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » RECURRING MOLD - What will work?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 09:43:07