Absence makes the heart grown fonder, or out of sight out of mind

snelson

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 07:41 pm
General discussion which one you find more true absence makes the heart grow finder or out of sight out of mind
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 631 • Replies: 16
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 07:43 pm
@snelson,
Out of sight/out of mind is my way.

aka if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 08:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I've experienced both. When I was in the Air Force and got transferred to Morocco for one year. Now, at my age, I forget most things I can't see. That's the reason when something is in the frig like ice cream, I forget about what's in there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 08:59 am
@snelson,
I think it depends on how deeply the two feel for each other (and the maturity of the couple).

If it is really a deep relationship I go with the first. However, it is not - then the second.

I have been involved in both - and had each situation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
@Linkat,
Back in the late 1950's, I was stationed at Travis AFB, and my girlfriend lived in San Mateo. I used to hitch-hike on weekends to go see her. When I got my order for overseas assignment, I told her we will get married when I returned - and after I earned another stripe (to buck sergeant). After my one year assignment and my promotion, I went to see her, and she was already married. A short story that turned out okay, because I met another woman who became my wife.
Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Back in the 80s I went away to college - within an hour drive of home. I had a boyfriend that I was crazy about that was back at home. I said I would be home every weekend.

While waiting in the financial aid office my first week of college this really cute senior invited me to his party the next weekend. I said oh well I am going home - he said you can't go home the first weekend....guess what I did....

PARTY!

Old boyfriend didn't last another month.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 04:41 pm
@Linkat,
Love that story! Thanks for sharing it. It gave me a good laugh too.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 08:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Glad you could enjoy my crazy younger days.

Living through it now with my daughter - however she is much more conservative than I was - don't tell her though.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 10:47 am
@Linkat,
Promise.

Your story reminded me of my younger days when I was in the Air Force. I was stationed at Travis AFB (near Fairfield, CA), and my girlfriend lived in San Mateo. I used to hitch-hike to see her on most weekends. When I got my assignment to Morocco for one year, I told her we would get married on my return - after I earned another stripe. When I visited her upon my return, she was already married to another guy.

Now that I think about it, that turned out to be good for both of us. I ended up marrying a wonderful woman who has helped me with my education and work.

When I was stationed in Morocco, some of the guys who were returning to the states told me they will go see her - to date her. Who needs friends like that? LOL
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2018 06:55 pm
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder until familiarity breeds contempt.

Agent1741

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 06:48 pm
Personally I would say out of sight out of mind. If you do not see the other person or see her things I think it more likely you will be able to forget them easier. Least that is my experience.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 07:28 pm
@Agent1741,
People have different experience from similar situations. Sometimes for the worse, and sometimes for the better. It's a tossup, but in my case, I say we both won by separating.
Agent1741

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 10:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree completely & my experiences make me feel as I do, I do not think I will ever date seriously again because of mine.
0 Replies

visceral

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:26 pm
@laughoutlood,
Absinthe makes u have curved heels /\
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:49 pm
@visceral,
Is the better than round heels?
roger

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:03 am
@glitterbag,
Same thing, I think.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2018 02:21 pm
@visceral,
I remember running into absinthe during one of my foreign travels, but I forgot where.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Absence makes the heart grown fonder, or out of sight out of mind
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:39:44