Do I quit now or hang in there?

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 06:27 am
I have been dating the same guy for over two years (I'm 60 and he is 67). He is a wonderful man and says he loves me. Since we live very far apart at least 75 miles in each direction, I had brought up the issue of living together over the winter. He seemed receptive to living together. A few months ago I started to ready my house for sale with his knowledge and he did not say anything. It finally occurred to me that he did not want to live with me at this time. I approached him about the subject and his response was that he was going to wait until the lease ends on his business which is going to happen in 2 to 3 years and then he would live with me since it was too inconvenient for him to find a middle point where we would both have to go to work each day. I told him it would have been nice if he told me his change of plans especially when he saw me meeting with realtors and hiring painters, etc. Thankfully, I was able to cancel the painters, etc. and hadn't yet put the house on the marked.
The problem is that he works on the 6 days a week so that leaves very little time for us to be together basically we are together Saturday the night until after dinner on Sunday. I explained to him that it is not a full relationship where you only see the person one night a week and furthermore I was very lonely in my large home the other six nights and I want to sell the home but now I don’t know what to do. He told me he'd start staying over on Sunday nights so at least we had Sat and Sun together (of course, he doesn't come to my home until mid afternoon on Saturdays b/c he works 1/2 the day).
He also promised to introduce me to his family and friends that he hasn't done yet and said they all live out of town so it's been hard to arrange. Give me a break; he has met my family all of live far away on at least 5 or 6 occasions.

Do I stay with him or do I cut my losses and start over with someone who either lives closer to me or we have a more compatible situation?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 304 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I quit now or hang in there?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 04:50:29