China: News Sources

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2003 01:17 pm
These links are to general news sources.

China Today
China Online
China (in many languages)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,917 • Replies: 15
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 10:08 pm
littlek, Interesting to see China claims Taiwan as its territory, while Taiwan claims independence. I wonder how this will settle? c.i.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 10:27 pm
c.i. how long has this problem been discussed, lol. We may never ever live to see the day it is resolved. But in reality it would seem to me that Taiwan is a territory or the US, I mean every thing just about is made there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
JD, Before long, the US is going to be the territory of Taiwan. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 10:30 pm
You think so?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 11:06 pm
Not very long ago, taiwan (government) claimed china was its territory.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Thu 1 May, 2003 12:59 pm
the problem lingering around between China and Taiwan is indeed complicated, but not unresolvable. here i see some posters claim that Taiwan is the territory of the US--that is nonesense. yes, Taiwan does have a lot of dealings with the US but it is purely political strategy. everybody knows how the world works--money!! Taiwan also knows what is the point of the US giving military assistance.

Taiwan's reunification with China is unavoidable. once the US recognizes the cost of assisting in Taiwan's independence surpasses the benefits, the reunification will be easily under way. and that, i think, is just a matter of time. the reunification of China and Taiwan in the long run will not harm, if not goes for, the interest of the US.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 02:02 am
what acepoly said i think represents most Chinese people including some provident overseas' expectation. i totally agree with acepoly,not only acepoly is my friend,but both of us are full of patriotism and we heartily hope Taiwan will come back to our motherland.
here we declare Taiwan is a part of China,nobody can seperate it from us.
and i think under the polices of reform and opening to the outside world,Taiwan will be the most robust economic region in the world.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 06:09 am
Koolplay, you say you are a friend of mine? Eric or...?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 10:07 pm
yes,both of us are familiar with each other.we have stayed in the same senior high school for three years.haha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i am lixiaomin!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiotic egg!!!
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 12:05 am
Koolplay, you better take back the several words at the end of what you wrote. You are doing something that is going to brand you as a stupid and reckless "idiot egg".
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 02:19 am
LOL, you peeps are funny.
0 Replies

kyle777

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 09:29 pm
TO ALL OF YOU
i believe taiwan will be China"s territory soon,lol,ahha...
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:22 pm
There'll be a lot of pains ahead.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 11:56 pm
Unless I have missed something the options China is giving Taiwan are:-

A. Surrender unconditionally and allow a Beijing government to rule Taiwan, make the laws , taxes and everything else. (China's insistence that Taiwan agree to a one China policy before any talks may take place, is basically this, although one wonders what would be left to talk about. Timetable for handover I presume.)

OR

B. China will invade Taiwan, and then Taiwan can Surrender unconditionally and all of the above in A.

If Taiwan take too long to agree to A, B will take place. If Taiwan tries to formalize it's defacto government, B will take place.

There is to be no negotiation or discussion on either of these points.

Given these as Taiwan's options , it's hardly surprising that Taiwan is looking to buy billions of dollars of arms from America, which could spark an arms race across all of asia.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 07:08 am
Why i havent found this topic before? Smile
0 Replies