Seed-Me neither.Maybe next year.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:29 am
just a shame isnt it
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:29 am
I'm thinking about whether I'm going to get wet feet walking home from the office, as we're having our annual 2 inches of snowfall (causing the country to grind to a halt while we discuss how often to grit the roads and the authorities complain about the costs involved. Honestly, it's like people are suprised when it snows).
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
we get the same thing when it snows here in north carolina GD
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:42 am
Seed-it is a shame,I have so much to give and no one to jump onto...er ahem... I mean no one to share it with.

Grand duke-Im thinking about the parts Ive ordered for work not getting to their destination because the huge amounts of trecherous snow has caused delay in its travels.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:53 am
jump onto me as i would jump onto you i say Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 09:55 am
Goodness me, dormant parts of me perked up a bit on reading that!!Saucepot.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:02 am
material girl wrote:
Grand duke-Im thinking about the parts Ive ordered for work not getting to their destination because the huge amounts of trecherous snow has caused delay in its travels.

Whereabouts in Blighty are you? I'm up in York, and we hardly get any snow round here because it's so flat. Travel 30 miles north or west and they've got nearly a foot!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:08 am
Seed wrote:
we get the same thing when it snows here in north carolina GD

I've just worked out that Yorkshire is about 250 miles further north than North Carolina, but there's some kind of weather thing with the Gulf Stream that keeps tke UK fairly mild (I think).
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:12 am
then you are roughly where Virginia is. And the more north you go, just like the Uk, you get more snow. but when it snows in southern VA there is terrible accidents and people go crazy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:17 am
Im in jolly old Berkshire.Not much snow so far, had a bit yesterday and today but all gone now.expecting loads soon tho.

Dont know where suppliers are based.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 11:53 am
I was shocked to learn, some years ago, that Boston is actually on the same latitude as the fair isle of Sicily, which is forever balmy. Here we get winters that are every bit the match for Stockholm or Helsinki. It has something to do with the Gulf Stream, I believe. But what, exactly, it has to do with the Gulf Stream is beyond my meager understanding.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
God help me, but all I can think about right now is Slappy's story about the duck and the pig.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:19 pm
going home.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:21 pm
by Ten Years After. Great song.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:24 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
I was shocked to learn, some years ago, that Boston is actually on the same latitude as the fair isle of Sicily, which is forever balmy. Here we get winters that are every bit the match for Stockholm or Helsinki. It has something to do with the Gulf Stream, I believe. But what, exactly, it has to do with the Gulf Stream is beyond my meager understanding.

Because Sicily's climate has nothing to do with Gulf Stream...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 05:10 pm
kittens
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 05:13 pm
my brother
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 05:19 pm
mezzie wrote:
my brother

you're not alone
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 06:53 pm
Francis wrote:
Merry Andrew wrote:

Because Sicily's climate has nothing to do with Gulf Stream...

Well, exactly.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 05:45:00