My foreign girlfriend wants us to settle down in her country.

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 03:19 am
My long-term girlfriend is from Southeast Asia and whenever we talk about settling down, she always insists that we should live in her country. I certainly do not like that. I wish to live and raise my own family in the place where I was born in. Now I’m reconsidering the idea of having a foreign bride. How can I convince my gf to stay where I am at?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 452 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 May, 2018 07:54 am
@zachary1982,
zachary1982 wrote:
I wish to live and raise my own family in the place where I was born in.

she wants to live and raise her family in the country she was born

__

Why would your desires be more important than hers?

__

What would be the benefit to her in living where you want to?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 25 May, 2018 10:52 am
@zachary1982,
Well, if she came to your country and you met her in your country and the relationship has continued in your country, I would think that it would be normal to expect that when you got married you would live in your country.

The only reason I would expect to move would be if she or her family has some great setup in her country where your opportunities and income would be much greater than if you stayed where you are. And even then you moving away to her country would not be a sure thing.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Sun 27 May, 2018 09:19 pm
One thing that it might be worth checking on would be what is accepted by the immigration service where you wish to live. They would have to recognize the marriage (if it was not from that country) & if necessary a translation. That may make a difference.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My foreign girlfriend wants us to settle down in her country.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:21:11