Correct transformer type to use for plating operation

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 01:30 pm
I am in need of a transformer to step down our plant voltage of 575V to 480V (3 phase) to supply power to rectifiers (only manufactured for 480V). The requirement is 111 kVA + 20%, so 150kVA would be used. These rectifiers will be used to run a plating operation (low voltage - <15 - and high current). What type of transformer will be best suited or acceptable for this application?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 959 • Replies: 1
No top replies

taopathway

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2018 09:16 pm
@freeze2056,
this would be something to ask the engineer/architect for this plant
Electricians rarely develop a build plan for similar things, the engineer develops this and the electrical installs and puts in what is needed to make operational. I do however know of some transformers in panels that General Electric and Square D make that are top notch, you could contact them and see what they got first. you also need to explain further cause I haven't seen any large transformers without other components like regulators, protection, and controls. maybe be specific in what this will power.. sounds like motors
also anything manufactured should have schematics you can pull up online
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Correct transformer type to use for plating operation
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:42:34