i'm in an interracial relationship

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 05:48 pm
we re still in the same nation and culture just a different race..
Yesterday his mom said to him, "if can" he should find a girl who's in the same race, then she gave him her friend's daughter's numb and told him to contact her.. so he said yes to his mom and he did it, he chat her. just to make his mom feels "okay"..
this is our first obstacle since we re in a relationship not long ago, about 2 months..
bcs this is the first one, i'm still not get used to it, ofc i cried bcs i love him and i don't want him to .. he said there will be more hard obstacles in our relationship and this tiny one already "got me", how will we work. i said i just need time to get used to this thing..
His mom didn't say 'no' abt me but didn't say 'yes' either. He's 30 and i'm 22 btw,so his fam already demand him to have a girl to get married.
i know i should be a strong one if want this to work out but..., should i fight with him? i love him so much that i can't let him go Sad and vice versa.. but still.. i'm scared we won't be together at the end.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 562 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 06:41 pm
@markiepooeh,
Is this India? If so, is it about caste?
markiepooeh

Reply Sat 12 May, 2018 08:29 pm
@jespah,
no, it's abt race.. he's chinese and i'm not
jespah

Reply Sun 13 May, 2018 07:50 am
@markiepooeh,
Okay thanks.

markiepooeh wrote:
he said there will be more hard obstacles in our relationship and this tiny one already "got me", how will we work.

If he thinks this is not a big deal, yet it bothers you, then he's not being terribly sensitive about the whole thing. Don't hang around people who dismiss your feelings as if they were nothing. This is not nothing.

He doesn't have to choose between you and his family, but he also shouldn't treat your protests and concerns so cavalierly. If he's just telling you to suck up and grin and bear it, maybe he's not the guy for you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 May, 2018 08:40 am
Two months is not a long time for a relationship.

His parents may not take your new relationship seriously. That’s why mother is still trying to fix him up.

At 30, he should be able to express to his parents that HE will choose the girls he wants to see.
roger

Reply Sun 13 May, 2018 04:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
If he wanted to. If he's more concerned for his parents, maybe it's time to move along.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 10:33 am
@markiepooeh,
Just as a 'heads-up' to folks - We're ALL (Here) The Same Race.
'Inter-racial' is a term MEANT to create Division.

'Divide & Conquer'......................
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » i'm in an interracial relationship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:27:40