Facebook account disabled

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 08:10 pm
Facebook disabled my account a couple weeks ago and I've tried contacting them to find out why and rectify the situation. I've submitted requested documents to them (my drivers license) and even tried calling a Facebook customer service phone number (which was fake). I'm at a loss for what to do as I've tried creating a new account and adding my old friends back, but Facebook abruptly shut down my new account as well. I even tried changing my IP address. Any helpful suggestions on how to handle this would be most appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,229 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 May, 2018 09:29 am
@stripedots,
They're not going to tell you why, and an alleged customer service number will never be authentic. All of this is because this is a company with just over 25,000 employees servicing a user base with over 1.8 billion (that's no typo) users per month. It's impossible to do that, so the vast majority of actions are via algorithm. They won't provide personal service unless you're super-famous and have a ton of followers, like Lady Gaga.

So consider what could be the issue. I suspect it's name-related, as FB is cracking down on odd names. They are also cracking down on multiple accounts as you saw personally.

Try several means of getting in, e. g. laptop, desktop, phone, etc. Provide the requested documents. If you can, get friends to upload recent pictures of you and tag you in them, as FB might ask you to find yourself in pictures.
0 Replies