Why are Republicans so Stupid?

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 05:04 am
Why are republicans so stupid?

We see them in all walks of life masquerading as human beings but somewhere inside all of them is an empty cavern where they cannot comprehend even the most rudimentary of logical ideas.

Maybe it is a genetic condition passed down from interbreeding with the Neanderthals?

Or maybe it is the neglected and spoiled child/Stockholm syndrome with a lack of empathy thrown in?

Maybe, it is pure gullibility and the need for attention, so let's act up or, a more sinister guilt that plays itself out as hatred and intolerance towards others?

Regardless of why, it reveals itself as stupidity and somehow they think it makes them them likable and bright.

Bright as a burnt-out bulb... They make stupidity seem so easy and effortless.

Their frivolous lawsuits that they always lose and end up paying lawyers who simply are waiting for the next dingbat republican to come along.

They embarrass themselves constantly with these little insignificant things called, "facts".

They stumble over the tiniest matters like, morality, rule of law and civility.

Then they get caught with their pants down in a sleazy motel with a rent-a-hooker that they bought out in plain sight on Craig's List under some pseudonym like daddyluvspanties or retiredbeerslut.

Then they are blindsided why the internet descends on their hypocritical person like a republican governor to cocaine and free stuff (for a favor).

An how dare their church ask them to please not attend anymore? After all the ill begotten cash they paid in the collection each week! They should overlook the drug bust and the hotel room hookers! (cynical)

Keep it going... Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 959 • Replies: 18
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 07:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
You're speaking about the human condition: Stupidity is not based on political affiliation or religion. And sometimes, not on the level of education one has. Everybody is ignorant about something.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 11:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have to disagree with you on this one CI, stupid people can flock together to a self-defeating political cause and party like hungry birds...

A perfect example is Jonestown and the Jim Jones cult. Kool-Aid anyone?
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 03:04 am
Stupid people are not designated to be stupid they simply, when their name is called, they answer to, "hey stupid!".

Smart people flock to universities and they become scientists and great thinkers. They write books based upon statistics, evidence and exhaustive fact based analysis.

Stupid people write books based on conjecture, propaganda and unsubstantiated opinions.

Stupid people will follow other stupid people like lemmings off a cliff with only the slightest inclination of truth. You can fly, so jump!

Stupid people follow the stupid person in front of them so close they leave themselves no time to break.

They make a point of teaching these stupid habits to their children so that they too can partake in the traditional family idiocy.

Though, every stupid family has their own "Marilyn Munster" who by sheer accident comes out normal. Some people outgrow the stupidity imposed upon them by their stupid parents, while some practice and perfect stupidity until they have honed it into a fine art. They become skilled at the art of stupid.

While some need no training or persuasion, they simply are stupid to begin with. They are particularly drawn to stupid. They overeat stupid until they are gorged and obese with stupid.

The stupid people all can detect one another the same way gay people or immigrants know their own.

A gaggle of stupid people can occupy an entire legislative body.

They all subscribe to the same feeder that drops a money pellet down the chute and they retrieve it like one of Pavlov's salivating dogs.

Stupid people think the are smart, especially when they have been rewarded by their corporate masters. They brag and boast about how much they have done for society. They have done nothing for society but steal from them, but, they are too stupid to know any better.

More to come on why republicans are so stupid...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 08:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
Most people make decisions based on their perception of what is closest to their hearts/beliefs based on their upbringing and environment. Most people don't make choices different from their parents about religious belief. I call that "an accident of birth." People born in Italy will most likely become Catholics. In most western countries, most will become christians. In Far Eastern Asian countries, they become Buddhist. Are they stupid? I don't think so.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 09:49 pm

Quote:
There are people in the world to do not love their fellow human beings... and I hate people like that!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There is fine line between stupid and gullible. You do know that the word gullible is not in the dictionary. Go look it up.

People are gullible to swallow their own religious culture hook, line and sinker.

Even children question religion.

People are gullible to believe it in the first place and then they are stupid to perpetuate religion after knowing the facts and the sheer probability of it not being true.

Some people may not still believe in Santa but they still think the world owes them free stuff.

Therein is lies the balance between need and greed.
Kolyo

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 11:36 pm
They have embraced the elephant as their tribal symbol to an unhealthy extent.

They have started keeping elephants as pets, and the elephants have worn down of the backyards behind republicans' houses to the point where slugs have overrun them. When the slugs start emitting that neurotoxin it's game over.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 03:08 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
People are gullible to swallow their own religious culture hook, line and sinker.

Can you blame them? It's common, because they follow their parent's or environmental norms. I do not believe that is gullible or stupid by any means.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 01:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I would not call it smart, enlightened and aware to swallow culture without thought as to if it is true or not.

The fittest often survive because of reason and not sheer obedience. Adam and Eve found knowledge through disobedience.

Zeus was the youngest son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea. When he was born, his father Cronus intended to swallow him as he had all of Zeus's siblings: Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter and Hera.

Nothing wrong with that.. So Zeus' dad tried to swallow him just like he did with his brothers and sisters.

That happens every day. (And a turtle pulls the sun across the sky).

No reason to even doubt it because it all sounds perfectly logical. (cynical)

Poof! There it is... Nothing gullible about believing in that. Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 03:25 pm
@TheCobbler,
Most of us believe in something that's not fully vetted for facts. We need to consider the fact that one's culture has much to do with how we perceive the world. Even within one culture, there are variants to it. Who's to say what is rational and not rational? Even families have differences.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 06:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One of my favorite sayings in life is, "Set your face to the wind and you will do great things".

Non conformity is a way of life. We all rebel at some point in life and come into our own. Rebellion is part of awakening.

I am fortunate to have been raised by worldly parents that even though they had a watered-down version of Christian faith they also had profound respect and acceptance for all major faiths, and even non faith.

One of my mother's favorite sayings was, "There are many ways to Chicago".

I was not raised in some obscure jungle tribe that only knows of the Woomu god and nothing else. I was raised and educated in the American culture that is a blend of many nations and cultures. My hometown had ten different church denominations. For this I find myself able to accept them all to some degree and take the best and discard the rest.

I can allow reason and not faith to guide my beliefs and free thinking to guide my actions.

I agree that many nations are isolated into one train of thought and practice and, I believe this is forced upon them. I can only myself be grateful that I can honor and respect all cultures and faiths equally with an open mind and uncluttered heart so I can obtain from them what is sound and sane while casting away the rest.

In this I have peace with all cultures and faiths while still having a distinct and separate independence of them.

I am devout only in that independence and resolute only in the freedom of free ideas and practice.

Only when I allow myself to become captured and captive to one faith and culture do I lose a peace that I am accustomed to.

So not all cultures are strict such that a person has to become indoctrinated by some various faction of ideas.

Sometimes I eat Italian food, sometimes it is Chinese food, sometimes middle-eastern cuisine and sometimes I will just settle for a burger and fries. I am sustained by variety and in the variety I identify with who I am.

So yes, some do only receive a narrow view of life in their respective countries and that narrow view is well... narrow, shortsighted and often lacking in the total richness that this life has to offer.

From an enlightened point of view all these gods cannot be the one true God.

It is ignorant to assume so. Ignorance and stupidity are siblings in the same family of belief.

Just because people cut themselves out of devotion to their god does not make their god anymore real than the next. Just because religion exists within the human condition does not make it any more true.

Religion can be, and in most cases is errant and therein lies the stupidity.

It has been said that, "Sincerity is no guarantee for truth".

Sincerity alone can get you a bad cup of coffee.

And, "Don't accept any wooden nickles". Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 06:49 pm
@TheCobbler,
I have traveled extensively in this world having visited 88 countries on over 100 trips. I do not judge other people's religions and belief systems. I respect whatever they wish to believe. I only decide for myself what to believe and not to believe. My sister is a devout christian, and believes god will take care of all her needs. I wonder sometimes whether I should give her money, or let god take care of her needs. My giving her money may be interpreted as god's plan. It's a quandary only for me. LOL
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I judge belief systems but, only to the point where I am certain.

Somewhere what is known leaves off and beyond that is only speculation.

Water is H2O, I am certain of that. Can dirty river water baptize me in the spirit? That is maybe symbolic but also, unknown. Water can also drown a person and drain them of life. That is a certainty also.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2018 07:20 pm
@TheCobbler,
I visited the Jordan River where Jesus was baptized. Also, where he was born in Bethlehem. I'm an atheist, but religious sites, especially churches, are places I like to visit for their apulance. I can still picture in my mind's eye my visit to the Vatican. Did you know that the Century Travel Club includes the Vatican as a country?
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't really know if I believe in angels but I do believe in human angels.

People who leave behind a legacy of love and goodness.
Sometime they will build a church or a rest haven for the weary. They build bridges of kindness so others may safely pass that way.

Some people worship the bridge, church or place rather than the ideas behind building them in the first place.

Native American's have sacred places, they are often not built with human hands but are landmarks that the earth has formed. These are the places I find most endearing.

I think of Trump Towers, opulent structures built to boost the ego of a selfish, maniacal and loathsome man. Some may find these structures awesome but I find them wasteful and a scar on the landscape of time. If they do not edify the earth and its people in any meaningful way they are not worthy of awe.

I would rather sleep in a tent under the stars.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 2 May, 2018 07:37 am
Christian Pastor Pens Open Letter to Trump 'Surrogate' Sarah Huckabee Sanders About Her Lies
https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/christian-pastor-pens-open-letter-trump-surrogate-sarah-huckabee-sanders-about-her?src=newsletter1091734
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2018 04:29 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48144680_2337719233131012_3844975751262633984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d79c1166248dcdb4da03a1c7562eae14&oe=5CA7F69E
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2018 11:40 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:

I think of Trump Towers, opulent structures built to boost the ego of a selfish, maniacal and loathsome man.
Agree. Trump never understood empathy or love of other people. His life is based on money that he lied about to the world about how wealthy he really is. Trump is a small-minded man who has exposed his racism and narcissism long ago. His wall is only a symptom of his inhumanity and ignorance. He has threatened to close down the government if he doesn't get his wall. Close it down!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why are Republicans so Stupid?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:16:41