english writing

hkhlcq

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 02:49 am
Do these words make sense to native English speakers?
“In principle, if the goal is really worthy, we should try our best and take any means to attain it. But it is just in terms of the principle. Its practicability still needs to be tested by the factual situation. We all know that everything has exceptions. If there happens the contradiction between two kinds of principles, one is of the goal, and the other is of our own conscience. Which do you prefer to follow? ”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 323 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ponderer

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:45 am
@hkhlcq,
Yes, I understand the concept. A man could have a worthy goal of sending his child to college, but robbing a bank to do so would contradict with his conscience. I would make a slight change to the first sentence. In general, if a goal is really worthy, we should try to attain it by any reasonable means.
The next two sentences are not yet clear to me. I don't know if they refer to the goal or the means to attaining the goal.
If there happens to be a contradiction between two kinds of principles, one being the goal ( and the means to attaining the goal), and the other is our own conscience, which do you prefer to follow?
laughoutlood

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:55 am
Does the end justify the means?
0 Replies

hkhlcq

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2018 10:17 am
@Ponderer,
Thanks a lot!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » english writing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:57:56