Happy Valentine's Day a2k!!

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 11:58 pm
I'm so excited. I love Valentine's. I know many people hate it because they think of it as an excuse women make to get more gifts ...or people in general hate it because "love should be an expression/action showed throughout the year" ...but it's just not how I see it.

So for those who enjoy it like I do ...and to those who just tolerate it ...hope you have something special to give or get today. Smile

Mine will "hopefully" be celebrated Wednesday night when my FI comes home. We'll see. Embarrassed

Either way, I can't wait to pull out the sugar cookie recipe and play with my icing recipe I just got. That's all I think to "give." Everyone likes food. Smile

http://www.yournewromance.com/candy-hearts.jpg

http://www.grandparentsmagazine.net/MiniSites/ValentinesDay/cupcake.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,371 • Replies: 28
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:36 am
hmmm - thank you!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:56 am
To celebrate this very important day I have arranged for every single A2Ker to have 2 potato chips.

Dig in.

http://www.michigan.gov/images/MDA_chips_on_belt_48883_7.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:16 am
Thanks Joa and the same to you. Enjoy :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:17 am
Gus
That's was so sweet of you. Thank you very much ;-)
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:44 am
I'm single so I hate valentines day right now.
Maybe next year I'll have a girlfriend and love it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:49 am
There is absolutrely no reason for the existence of Valentine's Day except to enrich the coffers of the florists, chocolatiers and greeting card comppanies. V-Day is a conspiracy hatched by Hallmark. It has absolutely no redeeming social value. (I just sent a dozen long-stemmed roses to my significant other. Now that I have to take out a second mortgage, do you wonder I'm grumpy?)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:06 am
Merry
V-Day doesn't have to cost much, if anything at all and I think it's great that there's a day where people who love eachother can celebrate their love.
Doing something a bit extra special one day a year doesn't mean you have to go nuts. Bring her/him breakfast in bed with just one single rose on the tray. Hell, I'd be tickled pink.
Bake a heart shaped cake that says "I love you", make a valentines card, etc....
There are so many ways to make someone feel special and it doesn't cost anything but a little bit of your time.

I don't care much for Valentines Day either, since I've never been with anyone who took the little extra step that day to make me feel special, except for a pen pal I once had, but I'd love to some day in my life, fall for a guy who doesn't treat this day like every other day.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:32 am
I've almost always prefer to give one rose instead of a dozen. I always thought it was more classy to give out just one perfect rose instead. My parents have a rose garden so in the summer I pass by and pick up one or two of the best ones they have. Instead of giving a girl 12 roses maybe two or three times a year I probably gave my last significant other one or two roses about 15-20 times a year.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:33 am
Re: Happy Valentine's Day a2k!!
Joahaeyo wrote:
I'm so excited. I love Valentine's. I know many people hate it because they think of it as an excuse women make to get more gifts ...or people in general hate it because "love should be an expression

I just read "expression" as "agression" and thought "Whoa, Jo! Now there's a reason to celebrate VD!"

Gus - When Bear and I were younger, and someplace we didn't want anyone to know what we were talking about, "Chips" as in "Want some chips?" or "Man I could sure go for some potato chips right now" was our code word for sex.

I'm starting my day with aggressive potato chips thanks to Jo and Gus! Thanks a bunch, ya'll! Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 05:43 am
I can't wait to stock up on all the candy hearts and other heart-shaped chocolate goodies tomorrow. I love the day after any "day of giving chocolate." Everything is 50-75% off. Very Happy
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 06:50 am
Happy Valentines Day to you too, thank you!!! My boyfriend is making me steak tips tonight!! I don't like getting store bought presents,... unless it is chocolate!!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:27 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
http://www.michigan.gov/images/MDA_chips_on_belt_48883_7.jpg

Those chips look familiar. That's the Better Made factory, isn't it? Where's Zane? He should know.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:43 am
Montana wrote:
Merry
V-Day doesn't have to cost much, if anything at all and I think it's great that there's a day where people who love eachother can celebrate their love.
Doing something a bit extra special one day a year doesn't mean you have to go nuts. .

Oh so very true...

My valentines day cost me 2 stamps, some water and a wash cloth. ;-)

I took pictures of Bean, put them on the front parchment paper folded like a card, and used water paints on her feet.
Put her little footprints inside the cards with some love notes written in crayon, and sent them out.
>whew<
that was expencive. Cool Laughing
HA! im kidding..
but very easy, very thoughtful and WOW.. I never knew how much home made signs of love were appreciated . Shocked

I , for the longest time, thought that you had to make a big stink abotu valentines day... that was until I met Mr wolf.
He doesnt do days like this and for some simple reasons. Hallmark needs not profit from him . Thier stocks dont need to soar from him. And in my mind, i dont think that the out come of one day a year should determine the status of my relation ship, as things are great ALL year.
So him and I do simple FREE things. ;-)
dinner, movies, exchange of house hold chores so the other gets to rest.. yada yada..
Those are the kinds of things I LOVE, and I think he does too. ;-)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:16 am
My sister-in-law gave birth to a cute little boy a little after midnight!!!

a valentine's baby!!!

I'm so excited for her. He'll be such a romeo when he gets older. She was due the 4th, so what a great day to be born instead.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:23 am
Mr. Eva left yesterday for a week in Orlando (convention/training). So we celebrated Friday instead. He doesn't want me to spend a lot of money on him, he prefers attention instead. So that's what I gave him. Did get him a couple of cards, though. He brought me a dozen bright red roses (found them on sale for $13.99!), some very good chocolate, and a nice card. We went to see a movie ("Sideways"...VERY good), then came home to a bubble bath in our whirlpool tub with candles all around. Made a grand evening of it.

(Sent the kiddo to friends' house for the night. Next day, hubby took him to buy me a Valentine's card. He's training him right! Wink Actually, we all bought cards for each other.)

Oh, and thanks, Joa! I forgot about getting chocolates for half off tomorrow! I'll stock up!!!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:29 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
To celebrate this very important day I have arranged for every single A2Ker to have 2 potato chips.

Dig in.

The proper thing to do when it comes to gift giving, is to up-grade the gift a little each year, it's a sign of deeper fondness.

With that being said, do you think next year you could spring for some barbecued potato chips?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:44 am
and the year after that ,
some bean dip and fritos! Cool
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:47 am
SheW
Don't you think your being a little pushy :-)
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:51 am
Eva wrote:
("Sideways"...VERY good)

Eva, what did you think of Thomas Haden Church?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Valentine's Day a2k!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:38:43