Palm ID

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 02:31 am
I had an outpatient test at the hospital today. At registration, I was asked if I wanted to use their new ID procedure which would then be used For future records.

I had to spread my fingers and place my hand on a form, then a couple of scans were taken of my palm. Seems that the veins in your palm are more unique than your fingerprint and the palm can be used for more reliable ID.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 519 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 02:50 am
@PUNKEY,
I worked for a company about a decade ago that used the system to clock in at work. Maybe people were clocking in for friends.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:43 pm
Quote:
more unique

I shall never quibble, qualm or quail at a grammarly uniquer.

Picture Roger in elaborate disguise gaining several jobs with that firm until thwart on his own hand under palm recognition, stymieing his visionary guile.
roger

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:57 pm
@laughoutlood,
Yea, several jobs but the hours were killing me.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2018 07:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
When I visited one of my doctors offices yesterday, I found they had also begun using the palm scanner, and also added a photo ID to my records as well.

This doctor's office is also affliated with a private hospital network, which makes it quite similar to the situation you encountered.

At least it represents more of an attempt to protect and confirm identity regarding medical records.

If you hadn't started this thread, I might have been more skeptical about that palm device because I hadn't previosly heard about it. I have a feeling
that such devices will soon be widely used in the medical care field.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 09:29 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I had to spread my fingers and place my hand on a form, then a couple of scans were taken of my palm. Seems that the veins in your palm are more unique than your fingerprint and the palm can be used for more reliable ID.

That's insanely clever if the system is reliable and bugfree.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2018 09:33 am
It seems these palm scanners have been around, and in use, for several years. particularly in some hospitals and physician/ hospital networks. I just never encountered them before.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/patientsecure-biometric-palm-scan-system-hospital-security/
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Palm ID
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:04:07