Females, please raise your hand

squinney

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:18 pm
I avoided this room until I had a chance to shower and shave. Now I can safely raise my hand without scaring anyone.

My avatar at the moment kinda gives that female thing away, but who knows when I'll presto change-o.

(Not change like a tranny or anything... Just regular change, like we're gonna get Joah to do with those granny undies before her wedding night!) Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:36 pm
Funny thing about the avatars is that for the longest time I thought FreeDuck was an African American male. SHE let me know otherwise. Funny thing was that her words seemed to fit the strong male avatar image and upon finding him to be a her I easily transitioned to seeing her words as strong female.

Perhaps it wouldn't have mattered whether or not she disclosed her gender. I still saw strength.

What I get more confused about is the ages. Some of the fairly young one's around here are too wise for their years.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:53 pm
Which is good news, isn't it, Squinney.. I love it that my seventeen year old niece is so psychologically smart. I won't say she's wise, she goes off on running leaping tangents, but has an amazing grasp of what is going on with people. Especially compared to me, a true blank slate at seventeen.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:56 pm
I thought FreeDuck was African American for a stretch, too. Interesting. For me I think it was a comment about how she and her daughter had the same kind of hair (which was different from the rest of the family's.)

Definitely on the strength.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:54 am
BorisKitten the person is a female, Boris Kitten the cat is a (neutered) male.

I'm tall, thin, & rather flat-chested, so am sometimes mistaken for a male even in person. A lot of folks would address me as "Sir" back when I rode a motorcycle & carried my helmet around. I'd snap, "That's Ma'am to you!" These days I think I'd just smile & let 'em wonder.

I'll wear "girl" clothes if I want to make it clear what sex I am...anyway long skirts are way more comfy than jeans. So I figure if I'm mistaken for a male in person, I may as well be mistaken for a male on a forum.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:56:57