Waiting, waiting...

Keirra

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:02 am
Hello,
I've found myself in a curious situation. I talk to a guy on FB (we met online and haven't seen each other in person yet). He's always polite and answers my questions, sometimes he initiates the conversation (it's like 50/50), uses emoticons a lot (practically in every message).
On the other hand, his messages are usually short, and what's more important: when it comes to him asking questions about me, he just... Doesn't. The only time he asks is when he's "returning the favor" by asking "...and you?"
I pointed it out and he said that it will come, that I should not worry and should just give it some time.
Honestly, I don't know what to think. I'm leaving it up to him, I'm not sending 20 messages a day (in fact, once we went four days without texting each other).
But given the fact that we met online, I assumed he would like to get to know me.
What do you think, guys? Is this in general a bad sign?
Thank you for your answers!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 340 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:25 am
@Keirra,
Give him a week to initiate conversation and actually ask about you.

Turn off your phone and go and do other stuff. Don't hang on, don't pounce on the first message you see.

As in, don't be so damned available all the time.

This is not playing games, BTW. This is you having a life that isn't this. What can you do during this time? Play a big video game. Hook a rug. Binge watch a show. Deep clean your home. Whatever you like or need/want to do and can afford.

If he contacts you, fine. If he doesn't, then you've got your answer.

And if he contacts you and it's all about him, decide whether you can live with that.

But don't be constantly on tap and invested in him. He's clearly not on tap or invested in you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 11:59 am
How long have you been talking to him on line? Does he live near you? What are your ages?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Waiting, waiting...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:23:07