The impetus for this thread came from Kickycan.

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 07:35 am
I just happened to be reading Kickycan's post regarding his making out with a gay friend while under the influence of tequila. I really had nothing to add to that thread -- kicky is dealing with demons and I didn't want to disturb him -- but the situation, for some reason, reminded me of an incident from years gone by.

It involved a Saturday afternoon poker game. My friends and I would get together every Saturday and play a game of poker at his parents' house. We were all in college and the poker game was a nice escape.

There were usually five to seven of us. Anything less than five would make for an undesirable game. One afternoon.... that's what happened. Only four of us showed up.

What to do? We pondered the situation for awhile, considered calling the whole thing off, but then Rob looked out the window and pointed to a guy cutting the grass. "Let's ask him if he wants to play", said Rob.

The guy in question was this character of slight build, probably in his thirties. He owned a lawn service and had quite a few customers in this particular area because he always seemed to be cutting someone's lawn in our vicinity.

I strode outside and presented him with our proposal. He said, "Yeah, I'll play." He played for four hours, lost about twenty bucks, and told us he had to go. We invited him back and he became a regular after that, always showing up, rain or shine.

He was a taciturn individual with an extemely deep voice. Through the months he kept his talking to a minimum, speaking only when calling or raising a bet. He's say, "Call" or "Raise". When he folded a hand he would simply toss his cards.

We nicknamed him "Sunshine".

Then one day the floodgates opened. Out of the blue he started talking like a madman. "You guys ever been to Rocky's?", he asked. We all had been there and told him so. Rocky's was a popular bar in the city with a very diverse customer base.

Sunshine keeps talking. He says, "I was there last night. Met a couple of guys. They seemed real friendly, bought me some drinks, played pool, stuff like that. Then, when the bar closed, they invited me to their house. I figured I had nothing to do in the morning so I went with them. We started drinking some more at their house and then they started smoking some of that pot. I tried some. I don't know what was in that pot or in those drinks, but something wasn't right because I passed out and I never pass out. And when I woke up one of those guys was fockin' me in the ass. I asked him what the hell he was doing and then I pulled my pants up and got the hell out of there."

You could have heard a pin drop. Dead silence around the table. Finally, I broke the silence and said, "Thanks for sharing that, Sunshine."

The game continued on as if nothing had happened.

I swear to you on a stack of bibles that this is a true story.

Thanks for listening,

Gus
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 852 • Replies: 19
No top replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:06 am
Re: The impetus for this thread came from Kickycan.
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You could have heard a pin drop. Dead silence around the table. Finally, I broke the silence and said, "Thanks for sharing that, Sunshine."

Laughing What else could you say! There's nothing like an obscure reference to completly jam the conversation gears.

Sunshine, the conversation killer. Perhaps it felt good for him to get that off of his chest.

I just thought of this, my brother has poker games at his place, and one of the players is a gay landscaper Shocked I'm going to show my brother this story, boy is he going to laugh.

Good story Gus.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:54 am
Aww.. Gus!
He didnt recognize you with out your batman costume on?
Lucky you.. he could'a beat you up!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:06 am
Do you have directions to Rocky's?

Umm, I just want to...uh, beat up some queers. Yeah, that's right, I want to bash some homos.

But first I got to go to CVS and get some Nair.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:16 am
So last night I'm banging this guy in the a$$.

He reaches back and starts playing with my balls, I'm like WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?! This guy a QUEER?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:26 am
And did anything of that nature ever happen to you, Gus? Hmm... Tell us your story.

I'm with paulaj on this one for pointing out that the guy probably just needed to get it off his chest. That's how it is when we do some stupid sh*t like that. We feel vulnerable, raped and torn apart on the inside.

Yuck!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:28 am
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would f**k a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:30 am
Gargamel wrote:
Do you have directions to Rocky's?

Umm, I just want to...uh, beat up some queers. Yeah, that's right, I want to bash some homos.

But first I got to go to CVS and get some Nair.

You bad boy! I like all of the gay people I know.

I have a friend, who has a male cousin that didn't come out of the closet until he was in his 60's. He called his family members first, and just told them (everyone kind of figured it out years ago.) This poor guy, after he told my friend he was gay he said something like "will you still talk to me?" my friend said "of course!" When I think about that my heart sinks, the cousin is a very nice person.

These two people had known each other their whole life, but it was still a very difficult task for this fellow. Fear of rejection s#cks.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:37 am
sublime1 wrote:
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would f**k a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

O.k. what movie? I can picture the scene, can't think of the name.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:43 am
Full Metal Jacket
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
Lots of useful quotes came out of that one. Very Happy
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:08 pm
Re: The impetus for this thread came from Kickycan.
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

And the moral of the story is: Some experiences are kept in the dark,
and are not for public consumption http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:24 pm
Is that story really true, Gus? I don't believe it for a second!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:37 pm
It's probably as true as yours kicky Wink
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 03:50 pm
kickycan wrote:
Is that story really true, Gus? I don't believe it for a second!

Truth is stranger than fiction and all that.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 03:57 pm
CJ wrote:

And the moral of the story is: Some experiences are kept in the dark,
and are not for public consumption

I had a gnawing suspicion that Jane was going to chastise me on this one.

I felt that the odds of Sunshine reading this story were fairly minimal and he was quite possibly the only one that would have been mortified to have this as an open discussion on a public forum.

But he's cutting grass somewhere and pushing the lawnmower in a gingerly fashion.

And as far as the members of A2K being offended by this story: It's a tough crowd here. They can handle it.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 04:18 pm
Reminds me of the old joke:
Jim - Tell me, if you went on a camping trip with your buddies, got really drunk on Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning with your pants pulled down and a used condom hanging out of your butt , would you tell any body ?
Bob- Hell no !
Jim- Wanna go camping ?
Thanks, I'll be here all week.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 12:22 am
Thanks, LionTamer. If this thread had even a remote chance at survival... you just killed it.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 12:29 am
I seem to have a remarkable knack for killing threads...
My lot in life or something.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 12:35 am
Haha, that serves you right, gustav. Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The impetus for this thread came from Kickycan.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:12:44