My Dog Has Eye Issues.

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 11:05 am
My cross malamute/labrador/wolf hybrid has eye-issues.
He's 4-yrs-old and (Approx 4-5 times a day) rubs his eyes (mainly left) into the furniture - He screams in discomfort - Then all appears well.
He's been tearstaining for a week or two.
I've given him a course of broad-spec anti-biotics - Used all natural remedies - Green tea, honey, camomile, etc.
I know Malamutes are zinc deficient - Added zinc - No change.
Vet just weighed him - Vet is stupid.
No ingrowing lashes, no inflamation - Seems to occur after he focuses (In sunlight) intensely, or gets excited.

No conjunctivitis present.

Any advice or direction?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 371 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 11:12 am
@mark noble,
Can the (any) vet test the pressure in his eyes? the rubbing/screaming sounds like pressure release/relief - very much like something a human friend went through. The excitement/intense focus sound right as triggers.

I hope you're able to get him a good, non-invasive solution quickly.

mark noble

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
Increase in blood-pressure potentially externalises itself via one, or both eyes...?
Nice angle - Cheers Beth!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 11:43 am
@mark noble,
my understanding is that it can be one eye

a quick google

https://wagwalking.com/condition/glaucoma

Symptoms of glaucoma should be treated as an emergency as vision can be lost within hours of disease signs. Glaucoma usually begins in one eye. 50 percent of cases spread to the other eye if left untreated.

Symptoms may include one or more of the following:

Pupils of eyes different sizes

Mild to severe eye pain (rubbing eye on the floor or with paw)

Appearance of vessels in the white of the eye

Redness of the eye

Cloudy cornea

Fluttering eye lid

Squinting

Tearing

Appetite loss and anti-social behavior (due to pain)

Light avoidance

Weak blink response

No response of pupil to light

Vision problems (bumping into objects, difficulty finding toys, walking gingerly)

Bulging swollen eye

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 11:47 am
@mark noble,
glaucoma comes up on the list of things to watch for with Alaskan Malamutes

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/health/alaskanmalamutes.html

http://veterinaryvision.com/for-veterinarians/clinical-forum/specific-disease-topics/glaucoma-3/
mark noble

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 07:32 am
@ehBeth,
Thankyou Beth.
Anyone with the decency to utilise their own life-energy on behalf of myself (Or anyone else) is to be considered as a respectful entity.

My other dog (Packmate), 'Brown Thing' (Brownie) Was booked in for termination Feb 10th 2018 (Last month) - I'll explain - Corrupt Vets, Broken Vetinary-education system, Broken social structure, my vet 'putting' herself to sleep and a mucked-up Pharma-based provided outlook - Another time.
But 'Brownie's' fine now.

Vet (From a distance) survived Wilf's visit (Surgery walls and furniture needed attention) - He tends to 'mark' his 'soujourn' and... vets.
I think he's a 'Northern Inuit/innuit', btw (He was, initially, a rescue-dog (Paperwork suggested 'Guesswork').
Antibiotics and a steroidal-boost appears to have ended his trauma.

Right... Stuff to do.
Bye.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My Dog Has Eye Issues.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 06:31:05