Going from dyed black to strawberry blonde?

Sky92

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 12:31 pm
I boxed dyed my hair black after a bad break up (stupid I know šŸ™„) and want to get my hair light again, before that I was bleach blonde. I was looking at pictures of hair colors and found this dark strawberry blonde almost red color (https://goo.gl/images/wRxf6u) would it be obtainable to do at a salon? I have collarbone length hair and plan on cutting a good 3-4 inches off so Iā€™m not super worried about damage
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 324 • Replies: 4
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 01:10 pm
@Sky92,
Ask a hairdresser, a good one. If you don't much about dye you could end up with green hair.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 01:32 pm
@Sky92,
Sky92 wrote:
would it be obtainable to do at a salon?

yes

it might take two appointments to strip the old colour, rebalance your hair and then colour it

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 01:33 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
If you don't much about dye you could end up with green hair.

that happens most often when you try to make reddish hair go toward ash

yup. I've done it.

so long ago there was no internet to go to for help. had to call a 1-800 number for help and then still ended up spending a lot at a salon for a proper (and expensive) fix
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 01:51 pm
@ehBeth,
I've not dyed my hair, but I've got two kids who have. My hair's too short and too thin to warrant dyeing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Going from dyed black to strawberry blonde?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:03:42