No Contact - 30 days

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 02:51 pm
My ex broke up with me for a reason I don't understand. He was acting wishy washy about working things out so I started no contact after telling him I wanted him as a boyfriend not a friend and we should go our separate ways. I started no contact on January 16th. This morning he texted me to ask for a password for his laptop and asked when I would be able to pay him for a job he completed for me on my house. The problem is. I do want him back but I do not feel I should pay him the additional money he is charging for the work because he quoted a price and I paid that amount in full then after he completed the work he sent me an email stating I owed $450 more. I feel this is unprofessional and unethical and I do not feel that I owe it. What should I do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 260 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 03:34 pm
Unless he has a contract with you for the work or a signed work order , ignore him.

Ignore his plea for his own password unless you have it because you were doing business work for him and he needs access to bookkeeping or other accounts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 04:57 pm
@activemom,
you've got a couple of separate things going on

a personal relationship

a business deal

__

seems like they got muddled up together. you're going to have to split them apart as best you can.

1. forward his password. no commentary.

2. ask for an itemized invoice if you don't already have it.

sort the business bit out.

if that goes well, think long and hard about doing business with a romantic partner in the future.

I don't recommend it.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2018 05:00 pm
@activemom,
activemom wrote:
after he completed the work he sent me an email stating I owed $450 more.

was that before or after the relationship ended?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 07:44 pm
@ehBeth,
I agree with EhBeth on both counts. Send him the password. Handle the business as business... an invoice.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No Contact - 30 days
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 03:31:06