Integrating national compensation survey data with DIY local survey data

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2018 07:22 pm
My agency conducted its own salary survey to capture local and state data for the same and related industries. I have already calculated its results with survey sample means for each position, with t-distribution margins of error for the population means at 95% confidence. How can I reliably supplement or combine small sample size survey data with national-level , industry-specific survey data?

If I compared the sample position means from each survey, weighted (or unweighted) accordingly, could I use “means of the means” (with confidence levels) as reliable market-level salaries? Is there any way to predict whether this method would produce reliable data (other than trying both to see what happens)?

Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 473 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2018 07:12 am
@rarejem1908,
If I were doing it, I would create a high level model of salary factors then use that model to apply national data. For example, a simple model could be:

Salary = f(Job type, experience, local cost of living).

Since you have all the local data and all the national data, you could compute the "local cost of living" part of the equation. Once you have that, you could use national data and adjust it for the locale you are in.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Integrating national compensation survey data with DIY local survey data
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 02:26:31