Summer in Japan and hot bath

shin

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:56 pm
the summer in Japan is really a damn period to live.
as for me, my own country, India, itself is very hot in the summer. but the summer in Japan is different as there is a lot of dampness in the atmosphere.

the japanese style of bathing is as first they take shower, and then enter the hot bath tub, called 'furoh'. it is natural, in winter, but i can't understand why do they do it in the summer too?Shocked can somebody give a clear explanation\/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,036 • Replies: 4
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 07:12 am
I can't, but note that luxuriating in a hot tub is popular year round in the U.S.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:41 pm
Apart from the physiological benefits of taking hot baths in hot weather to help you cool down, here's the impressions of a Japanese person.

My Japanese wife says:

"For Japanese people, getting in a hot bath is just a custom like brushing your teeth. We don't even think about it. There are so many benefits to a hot bath, like circulating your blood, helping you relax and get rid of the stress and fatigue of that day, opening your pores and allowing toxins to be released, and so on."

She adds that there is a trend among young people to just take showers on hot days.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 12:43 pm
Mezzie, do showers work as well as baths? I ask this because I live in a rental unit and as hard as I tried to clean the tub, the grout is icky and I can't lay down without feeling a little crawly.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 01:35 pm
I dunno. If you have one of those showers with a glass door rather than a curtain, you can get the theraputic sauna effect, which is what we have (we also managed to get our bath-tub clean enough for baths...I've lived in a couple of places where that was impossible!). Otherwise I don't think it's the same as being completely submerged. Any biology experts willing to chime in?
0 Replies