Nobody else gives a sheet

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2018 12:57 pm
Open letter to readers of the excellent Victorville, Ca Daily Press as well as to the entire sodftsware community:

Then there';s the missp owing to the proximity of keys. If I were a missp prog, I would have seen this immediately, would have tossed off a routine immediately 'gnizin' the probability, ultimately saving all of us billions if not trillions of hours correcting our msgs....so...why hasn't anyone else come to this obvious conclusion.....??

Am I the only typist in the entire world who sometimes hits two keys at the same time ??/ or it is really true that spel-progs are hired on the basis of an error in their hiring guide where a reference to a 'minimum IQ of 72' was typoed as '...27' ?

Fellas, no kidding, I'd really like to hear from you. Oops, sorry agai n, 'proximity' means closenesdsd,' like how close the 'a' tyo the 'd', the sdpaceb ar to the 'n.' and by the wsay, 'isd,' single most common missp of 'to.' Yolu just hafta correct that5 typo.

Dadle Hiuleman
Apple Valley

Oh and you soiftrwarew fellas: That's, those of you who can read: While I realize yhou've been puzzled by 'missp' for years, let me settle yhour discomfort by revealing that it';s an annr for 'misspell" or 'misspelling,' so now you can rest more easily. It means to 'spell wrong,' or to put letters in the wrong places.

Oh ans a2k mgmt: It's been 18 years now (12 ?) I been tellin'; you about the glitch where the bottom of the edit window keeps jumpin' up and down, up and down...,.,.

... up and down... so for every typo correctyion you hafta pull it bacl down....

Oh, sorry, yesd, and for the same reaswon 'annr' is the obviousd abbr for 'abbr'

...and no, I din't do it on purpose....not onced !!@
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 324 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2018 01:22 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
...misspelling owing to the proximity of keys.

It may be your fingers are too near to each other. Are they being held together by string, rubberband , staples or glue?

Quote:
am I the only typist in the... world who... hits two keys at the same time?

Probably not. It happens to most humans and even to the occasional cat. Just read your posting before hitting the send/submit/reply button. There may still be an oglethorpe error....I mean an occcasional error, but there'll be less of them.

dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2018 02:50 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
string, rubberband , staples or glue?
'Gin Stur upu've made my entire day !! but no, the trubb le is, a sinbgle fing hits two at same time, or as in 'upu've' 'bove, the wrong'n

Quote:
Just read your posting before hitting the send/submit/reply button.
So sorry Stur, probly sdhould'v 'splained: Thbey were done purp'ly to emphasize the poibnt. My apolos
Sturgis

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2018 02:57 pm
@dalehileman,
Sort of figured it was a deliberate this time to emphasize your woes. It was more chaotic than usual.

Just type slower and use only your pinky finger...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 26 Jan, 2018 04:42 pm
Pinky or pointer?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Nobody else gives a sheet
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:19:43