How did I get in this terrible position???

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:11 pm
I’ve always been a very reliable and trustworthy person. Married a man I dated for 4 years and faithful for 27 years until my husband passed away. After that, dated men but one in particular for several years. Even though I love him I’ve looked for others on and off. Sometimes I dated others and we broke up and other times I still looked and went on dates even though we were "together". I couldn’t stop myself even though I hated myself for doing it. I can’t explain why other than I was looking for someone more financially compatible than the bf who only has a small amount saved retirement and a modestly paid job.

I’m ashamed but I can’t stop myself. I can’t go on like this. First I know it’s not right. Second my bf wants to live with me NOW and he wants to know I’m 100% committed but I can’t say I am if I’ve behaved like I’ve been, right?

Do you think it’s because I’m afraid it be alone and afraid to let go? Should I let him go and if I find the “right” person I wouldn’t feel this way? Maybe I can’t endure losing someone I love again so I’m avoiding commitment to either? Please reply if you have advice to offer and thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 371 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:13 pm
@tornandtortured,
You should let him go so he can find someone who truly loves him and wants to be with him.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 01:04 pm
Was he one of the firsts after losing your husband? He made you feel better after that death? THAT'S probably the "hold" he has on you.

Let him go. He is no longer your "now" guy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How did I get in this terrible position???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:01:06