3

ShitholeGate

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 07:17 pm

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3738777/pg1

DT never made the statement about "shithole countries", just more BS fake news from (mainly) the WAPO.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/368745-gop-senators-say-they-do-not-recall-trump-referring-to-shithole

Two GOP senators said Friday they "do not recall" President Trump's reference to "shithole countries" during an Oval Office meeting on immigration.

Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) and David Perdue (R-Ga.) issued a joint statement saying they did not recall the president making the exact comments and called out Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) for confirming the comments.

"In regards to Senator Durbin’s accusation, we do not recall the President saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system, which does not protect American workers and our national interest," the senators wrote.

gungasnake

-3  
Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 07:20 pm

1  
Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 07:55 pm
@gungasnake,
I am impressed with you Gunga. There are two ways you could have gone with this. You could have defended what Trump said by claiming that Haiti and African Countries really are shithole countries and so there was nothing wrong with him saying it. Or, you could have denied that he actually said this.

This time, you went with the option that was more politically correct. I still don't agree with you, but I think you are making progress as a human being.

gungasnake

-4  
Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 09:25 pm
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26230882_10159985129295515_6989511472370481446_n.png?oh=714ac0b00314af7eb9d897318b1e76d8&oe=5AB067AC
TomTomBinks

3  
Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 09:31 pm
@gungasnake,
Really, Gunga? Is that your concern? What about the credibility of the USA? What about diplomacy?
layman

-3  
Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 09:57 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

If anybody needed to have any concern about that, it was the cheese-eaters who went runnin to WaPo with their dubious hearsay accounts of a private conversation, eh?

NO cheese-eater would EVER put such concerns ahead of a chance to slander Trump, though, of course.
gungasnake

-4  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:25 am
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26231024_10213612728369090_6807836085691996478_n.jpg?oh=9784180e7c138eed7ed8007e7bded3d5&oe=5AB2F5DA

gungasnake

-3  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:28 am
@TomTomBinks,
I only explain jokes to ESL people.
gungasnake

-3  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 12:29 am
@gungasnake,
English language jokes that is. I wouldn't try to explain a Russian or German joke to anybody.

2  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 04:21 am
And here was me thinking this was a thread about renaming the Whitehouse, or at the very least Mar a Largo or Chez Gungabunga.

centrox

4  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 04:27 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
I wouldn't try to explain a Russian or German joke to anybody.

“Chef, darf ich heute zwei Stunden früher Schluss machen? Meine Frau will mit mir einkaufen gehen.” “Kommt gar nicht in Frage.” “Vielen Dank Chef, ich wusste, sie würden mich nicht im Stich lassen.”

gungasnake

-4  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 05:01 am
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26230620_10213353794698273_5761453390315148930_n.jpg?oh=f447f38e4c55530db418a83e13ffa7e9&oe=5AB61693

4  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 05:28 am
I cannot believe the teeny balls sported by the GOP Congress. Two Senators "Cannot Recall" Plump calling AFrican nations and Haiti "shitholes". What cowardice, you either hear it or not, dontsmarm yer way out of taking a stand for fact checking.

Im so glad that the Commonwealth no longer has to bear the sobriquet of
"Pennsylvania Home of the US worst president, James Buchanan"

Plump has overtaken and passed Buchanan just on chicken **** issues, he still has 3 years in which to start a nuke war.

THOUGHT:
From all his irrational and downright wackiness, Im not sure that Plump even wants to have a second term. I believe he is so bat-****-crazy scared of being POTUS that hes consciously trying to destroy his own chances and wants to take the GOP down with him.

centrox

2  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 06:49 am
Here's a better German joke:

Herr Doktor, Herr Doktor, ich hab jeden Morgen um 7 Uhr Stuhlgang!” – “Ja, das ist doch sehr gut!” – “Aber ich steh erst um halb acht auf!”

Patient: Doctor, Doctor, I have a bowel movement every morning at 7!
Doctor: But that’s great!
Patient: But I wake up at 7:30!

I just learned a new word... Stuhlgang.

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 08:25 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Gunga seems to have flip-flopped. Let me ask you the serious questions, Layman (in hopes you will give a serious answer.

1) Are you saying that you are sure that Trump didn't refer to Haiti and African countries as "shithole countries"?

2) If Trump did refer to Haiti and African countries as "shithole countries", would this offend you? Would this be a bad thing for him to say.

It seems there are two separate issues here, whether he said it, and whether it is bad. There are pro-Trump people and anti-Trump people, but hopefully we are intelligent enough to make a judgement based only on the facts.

I would like to know where you stand, particularly on the second question.
gungasnake

-2  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 08:25 am

layman

-1  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 09:15 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. No

2. No. You can't legitimately be offended by the truth, even if you wish it were false. That's not to say that, as a strictly SUBJECTIVE matter, some snowflake cheese-eater can't "take offense" if the truth is uttered. But that's just the nature of a cheese-eater, eh?

2a. I have already said, in another thread, that Trump would have been bashed even if he had said "extremely impoverished country" instead of "shithole." The cheese-eaters there conceded that would be true.

1  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 09:27 am
@layman,
No. You can't legitimately be offended by the truth, even if you wish it were false.

Thank you for your honest and direct answers to my questions. But, I disagree with you, particularly in this quote.

I can legitimately be offended by anything I choose. So can anyone else.

There are two issues here. For the American president, the head of state, to refer to countries as "shithole" countries for any reason pretty undiplomatic. Expecting the head of state to be diplomatic seems reasonable to me.

And, there is also of race. Again, you might think that what Trump said is not racially insensitive, and you might think that racism is subjective. But lots of Americans, particularly non-White Americans many of whom descend from Caribbean or African countries, are going to be offended (not all, but most).

There is an ongoing debate happening in the US on whether the US is a primarily White country, or if it is a multi-cultural democracy. This is just another skirmish in this ongoing battle. The trend is toward multiculturalism, and Trump isn't doing his side any favors.

People will be offended if they judge that something is offensive, and I think the majority of Americans will find this to be offensive. I think that this will be a political loser for Trump. He has just over 30% support right now... if this eats into even a little of that support he will regret it.

I am a proud cheese eater.
layman

-1  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 09:28 am
@maxdancona,
Here ya go, Max. Here's a debate between a Fox News perv, and some guy named Jose. One is against lyin, and the other is against "racism." Who won, ya figure?

layman

-1  
Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2018 09:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

When I said "legitimate," I meant in a factual, objective sense.

You apparently mean it in a solipsistic way. Homey don't play dat.