How many cats does it take to power Norway for a year?

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 11:52 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,947 • Replies: 7
No top replies

layman

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Einstein claimed that gravity aint no "force," as I recall. But this here video makes it sound like a right powerful force after all, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 12:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
I asked a guy at a dog show what his position was on the matter of cats. He said: "I'm against them."

All his dog-lovin homeys seemed to agree, too.

So it seems like this video is wrong. There is plenty of anti-cat matter hangin around, see?

So, to answer the thread's question: two small ass cats who weigh the equivalent of one average cat.

Nice to know them scroungy-ass crittters are good for something, eh?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:01 pm
If we throw the Norwegians into the black hole instead,
we won't need to endanger any cats.
layman

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:28 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Well, yeah, that's a worthwhile observation. Of course we could always do both.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 01:59 pm
We may never truly know.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 09:55 am
It seems science is missing the mother lode of cat energy potential.

Hairballs.

As anyone who has stepped into a nice juicy fresh one at 2am, in a dark hallway can testify, their power is the stuff of legend. There is an inexhaustable supply that can be thrown into black holes.

Meet Miss Tinkles, a Norwegian Forest Cat. She alone could support all the power needs of Norway and half of Finland.

Here in the U.S. a couple of Maine Coons and a Ragdoll would cover our needs

http://cdn3-www.cattime.com/assets/uploads/gallery/norwegian-forest-cats-and-kittens/norwegian-forest-cats-kittens-7.jpg

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2018 11:21 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

I concur with this.

As for the idea of using black holes as an energy source as per Romulan Starships, containment had better be extremely reliable if this is going to be done within earth's gravity well.

Loss of containment means the black hole plunges to the center of the earth, maybe bouncing back and forth a few times before settling in the center, at which time earth's gravity will start pushing more and more of the planet into the black hole at the center. This would gradually generate enough heat to melt the crust of the planet into a sea of lava, and eventually the entire planet would end up inside the black hole.

On the other hand, if you want to inspire humanity to hurry up and become a space-faring species as soon as possible, destroying Earth in a slow-but-inevitable manner might be the best way to do that. I believe a guy named Asimov once came up with a similar idea.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How many cats does it take to power Norway for a year?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:03:09