Not another dream thread....

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 02:45 pm
I know there have been several dream threads in the past, but I want to start another one, this one. I have had my share of scary dreams, but my dream below is one that still freaks me out every time I think about it.

I was about to be executed for reasons unknown to me. When I tried to get help from family and friends they all turned on me and acted as if I deserved such a horrible thing. The gaurd giuded me to a big round room with patio doors. I heard some one counting down the time until the doors were to open. When they did I was horrified at what I saw. Thousands of people to watch me and several other people be executed my means of drowning. The water was a redish, pinkish, grey color and looked quite frightening. It was said that once you take the plunge, there is an undertoe of some kind that holds you under the water never to see life again. Over the intercom the voice was counting down the time before I was to jump. As soon as I was about to fall to my death I woke up, scared. I woke up wondering why everyone in my dream was against me, why no one would help me. And the worst part was not even knowing what I had done to deserve this.

What is your scariest dream?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 21
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 03:19 pm
That I start a dream thread and nobody posts on it....
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 03:29 pm
I woke up to find myself in a burning apartment. So i was running out and i heard a scream. I couldn't tell where it was coming from so i ran into my parents room and no one was there. So i proceed to leave the apartment. For some reason i didn't go down the fire escape. I went thru the front door and i was visited by 3 men who thew a bag over me. They threw me down the elevator shaft and then i woke up.

Really messed up.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:10 pm
SOP...Those are called anxiety dreams. I got my lil dream book out and did some reading on it...lol

The room in the dream represented you....your inner self. It may symbolize your power of judgement....

Dreams of drowning, or struggling in water, may represent the dreamer's fear of being engulfed by forces hidden in the deepest reaches of your unconscious mind. Such dreams often indicate that control over the unconscious needs to be relaxed slowly.

Your Audience....may relate not only to the reluctance of others to listen to the dreamer, but also to a general confusion of ideas, whether in the dream world or waking life.

Dreams of death.....many dreams of death have no association with our own mortality at all. Some may relate to aspects of the dreamers own psychological life, or to a change in life-circumstances. Symbols of death may also draw the dreamer's attention to forthcoming irrevocable events, such as retirement, losing a job, or moving house...or even ending a close relationship.

The numbers and colors mean things too.......the color red for example is passion....., vitality or anger...
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
Interesting shiver! Thank you so much for that. I couldn't find anything in my dream book...What one do you have?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:42 pm
YW...I was a lil nervous about putting that in there....

Its called, "The Secret Language of Dreams", by David Fontana

I've found it insightful.....figuring out my dreams (sometimes) and those in my family...when asked.

Usually, the books meanings hit the nail on the head with your interpretations....
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:48 pm
Cool thanks! I think i'll be heading to the book store tommorow!!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
i miss my recurring dream, i haven't had it for about a year now, but most of my life i've had it at least once a month, it's kinda like a variation of the falling dream, but in this one i'm standing on a blacktop highway and there's a big truck (like a transport) heading for me, and i can't move, it's running full speed and it gets so close that all i can see is the grill and feel the heat from the engine and then i either wake up or the dream changes

at first it used to scare me half to death, i'd wake up, heart pounding, sweating, but over the years it's kinda fascinated me too, sometimes i try to pick out as much detail on the truck as i can as it omes at me

anyway that's my dream
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:41 am
panzade wrote:
That I start a dream thread and nobody posts on it....

Another classic. Cool What a nightmare! Don't sneeze.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:50 am
Whoops, missed a bit.

JD wrote, "…i haven't had it for about a year now, but most of my life i've had it at least once a month…" Shocked

Hmmm! you could check out; relationships/marriage, perhaps medical, or performing arts. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:33 am
I had this nasty dream the other night, a week or two ago - dont remember much of it, had sworn I would write it down but then didnt, just that I was walking around in this/my house, and there was for some reason glass on the floor everywhere, so I was walking through all this glass. I didnt seem to notice, in a kind of dissociation from it, but I did get really anxious about there being no place where there was a little space to sit down, and I really wanted to sit down. Or I thought I'd found a way of it not bothering me but then to my distress I found shards of glass all in my bare feet anyway, for example when I did wipe a place clean to sit down and then looked at my feet. I remember also that it was someone else (my mother, perhaps, I dunno?) who appeared at some time and warned/told me to look at my feet, cause I'd been like no, its OK, and there it was, shards all sticking into my flesh. Hurt like **** too.

Not a pleasant dream. Did wonder what it meant.

Nobody ever mentioned shoes - funny that.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:18 am
I used to dream about being murdered near continously. That stopped about 5 years ago and hasn't started up again...

The one and only time I've ever woken up screaming (not to mention waking so fast my sleep paralysis wasn't switched off for a few seconds which was weird) was a dream where a spider climbed inside a cut on my arm. I'm not even scared of spiders but that dream was freaky.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 09:13 am
Nimh, You weren't watching DieHard before you fell asleep were you?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:03 pm
never seen it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:50 pm
I dreamed that I allowed someone to kill my children. I can't remember all of the details, but basically I allowed someone to kill my two kids, my cousin (an adult) and my 14 year-old neice. I woke up after crying hysterically and wishing that I could wake up and have it all be a dream. Just before that I was thinking that I had an alibi for my cousin and neice, but the cops would wonder why I didn't notice that my two young kids were missing for two days.

I'm actually afraid to analyze that one.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 02:38 pm
I had at least three really weird dreams last night, or rather, this morning. I wanted to post what it was I still remember about em (which isnt much) somewhere here, but it cost me some trouble finding back a dream thread Id posted in before. Now I found two, so Im gonna start by linking the one into the other, for my own benefit: heres a dream post of mine in another, even older thread.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 04:06 pm
OK, so about the first two dreams I dont remember much. The setting in both dreams was something to do with the Yugoslav war. (I dont know why so many of my dreams are set in war or camps or whatever).

The first dream was a serious movie, a heartwrenching, intense story. A family, kids adrift, violence, needing to flee, smuggled across some border.

There's this scene in the train. For some reason (no geographic logic in dreams) its the Swiss border theyve finally managed to smuggle themselves across, or are smuggled across. They're hiding, under benches, we're just two or three kids. Theres this woman who is helping us, who is saving us (a mother, our mother?). She's supposed to come in at the first station across the border, get us out somehow.

Mission almost successful: a grouplet of girls, on the platform, we're/they're saved.

This is at the end of a long dream, with lots of anguish/action in the war itself first, but I've forgotten all that.

Then, like a really good movie sometimes makes it work, the scene starts over, kind of, the story is recounted again, but from a different perspective, from a different person's voice. Its the little boy.

The boy is part of the group above, except he's the boy who wasn't saved, who wasn't found back on the platform when in all the chaos, displaced persons, crowds everyone finds each other back, the woman/mother gathers her children around. The girls are there, but the boy not.

This is the story of the boy. He was in the train as well. He was lying under a bench too. He was taken, smuggled across much rough road and finally into the train by a man (his father?). They got far through dangers. But in the end the man collapsed, he went insane. Something broke inside, and he became paranoid, violent. He threatened the boy with violence.

The boy was very scared. (I was the boy). The man/my father had anger, madness in his eyes, his face or eyes was glowing with embers. He had brought me far but had gone crazy and now was threatening me. I had to shut up, stay quiet. On the train, he was lying there next/across from me.

And so I had lied there and I had actually seen the woman/my mum come into the train, call out for us. I had seen how my sisters had crawled out, were hurriedly gathered together. I had seen them leave again - it had been my only chance to survive - but the man looked at me and I'd already felt what he could do, so I hadnt dared make any sound. I stayed very quiet, my throat clenching up. So they left and the train went on. (That it would collapse/explode/travel back into the fire, with everyone, us too, to die, was implied.)

The second dream had again this link to the Yugo war (dont ask me why, I have no connections with the country, apart from an old friend or two from there). This one was weirder though, not as much made-for-cinema, sicker kinda.

I was this guy, and I'd returned to a chaotic, positively Jeroen Bosch-type scene of anguished chaos. A refugee camp, somewhere on a border. Mud, tents, crowds of clueless, despairing people milling around, aid workers desperately trying to help out, long lines of people trying to get info, hear about family members.

I was one of them, and I was desperate to find a link with the ones I'd been with. That is, I'd been in some kind of camp, one of those camps you've seen on TV, the barbed wire and torture ones. And for some reason (perhaps because there was noone else left?), I was desperate to find other people back who'd been in the same camp.

I was in a semi-insane frenzy, totally beyond irrational, and I was yelling around, causing a fuss and a nuisance, yelling desperately the name of the camp, which (dream logic) was the name of a street here in Budapest, something utca. In fact, I was yelling in Hungarian. "X-and-y (lets say: valamilyen) utca! Valamilyen utca! I'm from Valamilyen utca! Are you from Valamilyen utca?! Who is from .." etc.

Now comes the weird, kind of sick twist. People were apprehensive about the scene I was causing, the aid workers not least. Slowly one or another person started adressing me. In Hungarian: why do you speak Hungarian? (Its an odd language to speak for a supposed war refugee). I'm from Novi Sad!, I said - which would explain it, except that my Hungarian was faltering. Questions followed: what street are you from, where did you live? My answers were weird, suspicious, incorrect. And an aid worker turned away in listless tiredness (rather than outright disgust). Another Westerner, she sighed. We get ever more of them. Crazy/psychotic westerners, who show up here pretending to be war victims, yelling for attention.

Odd, huh? Though kind of appropriate since I am a Westerner who had nothing to do with the war, except for the odd visit or two there shortly afterwards - acting out (pretending to be) a war victim in my dream. Like I was called on that.

The third dream was very, very different, shorter and way more surreal. but I think this Internetcafe is closing now.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:48 am
I never did find another internetcafe last night, I ended up following some interesting-looking people down into some basement goth club instead - very funny. Damn those goths look good - but damn there's a lot of ... distance (in time, and specifically age) between them and me as observer now. I had the greatest time looking at the whole scene - it reminded me much of being 16 or 20 or 24, and they had such fun (and OK, the girls are cute) - but was also eventually left feeling kindof alone, like looking at it all from behind a glass pane.

Anyway, I took to writing down in my little notebook what I'd wanted to write in a follow-up post here, so lemme type that out.

---OK, so, third dream ... I didnt find another internet cafe - but damn, such drama on the way already! On the corner a group of Brits, with a small neat-looking girl yelling something at this guy with a mohawk & he yelling back, "What are you talking about? Who are you talking to? I left home when I was sixteen, what about you? I lived in eleven countries, what about you?". In the park on the next corner, a middle-aged woman is screaming at this girl, hitting a telephone pole, screaming again, while another girl is hunching down in the grass holding her dog, but he launches off and runs up barking to the screaming woman anyway. I turn the corner and there's these two woman carrying a staggeringly drunk young woman along, who keeps losing her footing. And its just midnight for Chrissakes!

Anyway, third dream.

This one was wholly different. For one, it was animated - like, a cartoon. In fact, it starts out much like one of those curious hip, abstract-humour MTV intermezzo animations (you got those in the US?). Also, I remember it in detail, shot by shot.

So, like there's these two animated ... bees, I think. Yes, bees. And they're buzzing along happily until one of them, in a Monty Python turn, suddenly starts picking a fight with the other, just for no reason. Yelling at the other, "and - you - don't!" -- something silly, like about leaving the toilet door open or something. Cue in li'l boxing match, with the one bee placing some nifty punches, bing-bang-bong! The audience is laughing, I mean: the viewers at home are laughing.

But after a minute or so the film takes a style-break as the other bee, who suddenly turns out to have been kinda helpless/clueless/not defending herself (cause it also turns out to be a "she") all along, falls to earth. Hm. The other bee buzzes about for a moment still, kinda still in fun-mode but switching, then lands on the floor.

Now he is suddenly quite sad. He approaches her body carefully, it's the girl he loved you know. He cautiously lies beside her, his many tentacle-thingies (its a bee, you know) touching hers, he lays his arm around her. Then whispers to himself: you're already cold ... And, "I'm sorry, [her name]" - dont remember what comes first.

That part is really quiet and really sad, though a bit melodramatic-movie over the top (it could still be an MTV short, tho a pretty damned eerie one).

Then, apparently resigned, or intimidated, he distances himself a little bit and lies down like her a little further, still looking at her body lying there. Now the scene turns all spacy, really stoner. He lays there, the sky is big, all's hazy (sound crackling like in space) and he's saying out loud, to her, "wow ... this is so telephonic ... this is so telephonic ..."

Except what he said was: "this is so telephonic, M&M ... this is so telephonic ..." - because instead of animated bees, they're now like animated flying M&M's.

<scratches head>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 10:50 am
LOL - and I swear, halfway through typing that (exactly when typing about the girl bee collapsing to earth, in fact), they started playing Nancy Sinatra's Bang, Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down in this cafe! Bizarre ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:30 am
Hmm...so it is proved. No one dreams abt me !
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Not another dream thread....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 04:40:54