Are we being brainwashed?

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 10:39 pm
The internet is a great place, with a variety of onions and unlimited access to information, in the age of information itself. Im pretty sure everyone here has either watched almost every viral video, or kept up with all the new "viral meme's" as i said the internet is a wonderful place. But have you ever thought about if the internet is somehow brainwashing the Masses subliminally. It is already public knowledge that Meme's for example are used as a brainwashing mechanism by some governments and other politically motivated groups, that isn't what i am talking about though. What i am asking simply explained is, Just as there is a gov'machine spying on everyone on the internet, *does the gov/illuminati/whoever* also sway the internet's viral topics in order to subliminally brainwash the masses?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 690 • Replies: 14
No top replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 03:33 am
@lil host,
As you've posed the question, no. Not any more so than the printing press or the telegraph. Any communication system that reaches many people can (and likely will) be used nefariously but that's inevitable given human behavior.

Secondly, your phrasing "the gov/illuminati/whoever" suggests you are wondering about some singular entity that is pervasive in culture and which runs the show. No such creature exists.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 02:50 pm
@blatham,
How 'bout google, facebook, and others of their ilk. Not brainwashing, precisely, but influential. I saw a recent article about facebook displaying employment advertisements. For some reason, the ads were only presented to people under age 38. Again, not brainwashing and definitely not government, but it definitely shows their potential.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 02:51 pm
@roger,
No, I don't know what 'ilk' means.
centrox

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 02:55 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

No, I don't know what 'ilk' means.

a type of person or thing similar to one already referred to.
"the veiled suggestions that reporters of his ilk seem to be so good at"
synonyms: type, sort, class, category, group, set, bracket, genre, kidney, grain, species, race, strain, vintage, make, model, brand, stamp, variety, family
"Mrs Taylor and her ilk talk utter tripe"
roger

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 02:58 pm
@centrox,
Yeah, I sort of had that from context. Sometimes I do come away with some unusual misunderstandings.

Thanks.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 03:19 pm
@roger,
You point to some entities and arrangements of power where the potential for "brainwashing" is increased. But that applies to the arrival of the printing press as well.

Are there folks out there who seek to manipulate our minds? Of course. That is what much marketing attempts ("blondes have more fun", "more doctors choose Winston cigarettes). Our questioner appeared to be asking about some singular entity which, behind the scenes and in secret, was manipulating the minds of great masses of people. Such an idea is a commonplace feature of theories we term "paranoid" (CIA seeds the atmosphere with toxins, the New Math was developed by Russia to ruin the minds of American children, etc). One key reason such notions are quite common is that they appeal to our preference for simplicity. It would be nice if there was just one entity creating bad things because we could easily fix what's perceived as wrong by targeting that one entity.

But Google and Facebook GM and Fox and Wall Street bankers don't have the same goals. They are often in conflict. Our problems are not so easily solved.
roger

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 03:21 pm
@blatham,
Well, sure. George Orwell didn't know about facebook.
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 05:13 pm
What's a meme?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 05:48 pm
I don't talk tripe .. . tripe is so regusting . . . how can people eat that stuff ? ! ? ! ? (The additional punctuation marks are special, just for Centrox.)
0 Replies

lil host

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 06:40 pm
@roger,
I do thank everyone for joining this discussion, and its not a matter of whether there is someone/quite a few people (150-170) that control the world's money flow, natural resources, human resources and political agendas. History does infact capture such groups/families to exist, such as the Rothschild, Rockfellas, morgans and so on. I think it's ridiculous not to think that the worlds most powerful people in the business world, do not have any sway on global governments. Furthermore, i think it would be ignorant not to acknowledge the possibility of such a thing as a gov developed AI that could manipulate,spy on and influence the internet. Just watch Facebook executive (chamath palihapitiya) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6e1riShmak
speak out on such things as internet psychological programming. Why would such a respected programmer/businessperson, as him lie or falsify information he gets nothing in turn of revealing.
blatham

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2017 07:31 am
@lil host,
I wondered if this might go to Jewish bankers.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2017 03:55 am
@lil host,
Quote:
a variety of onions

Quote:
Are we being brainwashed?

Veg out.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2017 05:26 pm
@lil host,
I don't know, but I suggest you stop asking the question or men in black suits and black sedans may pull up to your house soon.
lil host

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 01:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
haha well that will only mean that i was on the right track if it happens Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are we being brainwashed?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 08:48:37