Popular Anti Acid Reflux Drugs PRILOSEC, NEXIUM & PREVACID have been linked to devastating kidney si

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 03:24 pm
Popular Anti Acid Reflux Drugs PRILOSEC, NEXIUM & PREVACID have been linked to devastating kidney side effects.

Just spreading the message
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 634 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 05:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't use any of them, but thanks for the warning.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 05:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Appreciate the reminder. It was first brought to my reading attention about a year ago, but people tend not to pay mind - that is, until it happens to them. Me? I check every medication out before ingesting the first capsule or tablet.

That said, I did take Prilosec for a short time in 2015 while on a powerful antibiotic related to post surgical infections from the ankle repair surgery after the break. The antibiotic caused esophageal pain as if a few razor blades were lodged in the esophagus. Prilosec eased that away.

The above meds have also been linked to pancreatic cancer.

I know one guy who takes Nexium every day and swears he needs it. Personally it seems to me he might do better changing is eating habits as ice cream, pizza and chips can't be the best diet several times a week.

Again, thanks for the message here.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 05:55 pm
@Sturgis,
The prescription versions were not the same as over the counter. I took prescription Nexium and it did a tremendous amount of good for my stomach. When it came out over the counter, I bought some because I expected a weaker version of the same thing. I took one dose and it gave me diarrhea for three weeks. I threw the rest in the trash.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 06:23 pm
@Sturgis,

Sturgis wrote:

Personally it seems to me he might do better changing is eating habits as ice cream, pizza and chips can't be the best diet several times a week.

Now you tell me.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 07:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've always been skeptical of the 24-hour continuous heartburn drugs unless someone really needs 24-hour continuous protection (say if they have an ulcer or something).

I use Nizatidine, the most advanced of the 12-hour suppressors that was approved by the FDA. And I only take that if I have a bad spell of heartburn, which only happens a few times a year.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Popular Anti Acid Reflux Drugs PRILOSEC, NEXIUM & PREVACID have been linked to devastating kidney si
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 01:42:40