http://www.boston.com/news/daily/18/s_korea.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,347 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 09:15 am
And this resulted from firing the contents of a milk carton? One has to wonder just what those subways are made of. And why wouldn't the doors open.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 09:18 am
I'm staying off the subways for a while.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 09:37 am
I think your subways are built to a higher standard. I know there are standards for flamability on auto and aircraft, so probably subways too.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2003 09:12 am
hi,everybody.
from Shanghai China.
the subway in South Korea i think has its own characters and features.its lay-out and adornment is very wonderful which reflects the versatility of Korea people.
each apartment in the subway has a thesis such as arts,athletics,literature etc.
i think that sitting in such subways is a enjoyment of life.i like the enviroment, the surrounding,the feelings.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 09:19 am
Kool, while the situation might be as what you've described, that "sitting in such subways is a enjoyment of life", the point is that the catastrophe took hundreds of lives with even more being seriously injured. It is a contradictory experience to sit in the subway perfectly decorated but in any minuate to be inextricably stranded in the peril of conflagration. Nobody's going to admire the great works of Monnet displayed on the wall of subway when he catches fire on the body. He might roll back and forth in an effort to put out the fire, but chance's that he is killed anyway while Mona Lisa 's smilling at him from the wall.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:51 am
acepoly,that 120 dead in the subway was just a mere accident.so while paying every sympathy to the victims,we should believe this kind of catastrophe will never happen again.i think the South korea government has taken efficient steps to prevent these unfortunate things from coming back after the explosion,while convincing everyone of its safety.
so i think the splendid decoration on the wall will give the passengers a good mood,while Mona Lisa's smiling at them from the wall,the passengers will also return a pleasant smile.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 03:59 am
What we expect of the transport company is not to make it guarantee the safety of subway to 100 percent but to require it to make subway as safer way of commute and to reduce as much as possible the odds of severe and deadly accidents.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:29 am
acepoly,this sentence you posted is extremely wonderful not only in structure but also about the content.
i like it!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:47 am
Reading...
0 Replies