LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE A TYPICAL NIGHTMARE.

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 09:55 pm
The latest windows 10 update is a disaster for our video display. This happened the last time they pulled this major update crapola on us, and I was able to select an earlier update video display driver, which returned the display to an approximation of sanity. This time, control panel claims there is no other driver available, and that this is the best display driver available. It denies that there is anything wrong with the the display. (The display is stretched from side to side, and compressed from top to bottom.) Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have a solution which does not involve typical IT sneers, obfuscation and insults?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 356 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 10:02 pm
My display is stretched. I thought it was because I am using a small TV as a monitor. I have a new PC with 10.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 13 Dec, 2017 03:21 am
Well, I went in there, and remembering the less bad old days, I searched for system restore. On that, they opened up a search window in Bing--which obviously was not what I wanted. So I did the search on system restore again, and one of the options was "reset Windows." Moving slowly and carefully, I looked at all the steps, and decided to go with it. It rolled the box back to the last update, in which I had already succeeded in fixing the distorted video display. I wish those clowns would stop deciding to change our systems without our prior knowledge or consent. We don't do "shared experiences," and Windows whines about that every day.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE A TYPICAL NIGHTMARE.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:55:12