Social Security increase and Obama Care

Harknow

Reply Mon 11 Dec, 2017 04:04 pm
I just signed up for Obama Care and I'm waiting for my first bill to arrive in the mail so I can pay my first premium payment by December 31st as instructed.
I just received in the mail a notice from Social Security announcing that my Social Security will be increasing by 2% for 2018 and it suddenly occurred to me....My gosh, I have not even paid my first premium payment for my 2018 Obama care and already I have to go back into the market place to readjust my household income as required by the Market Place in order to correctly figure my subsidy for Obama Care.
My question is.....Do I really need to update my Obama Care information concerning this 2% increase in Social Security, or did the Federal Govt. already take this increase into consideration when setting our subsidy amout for 2018. Surely the Federal Govt. knew about this 2% increase and I would think they would have taken it into consideration when setting our subsidy amounts.
It would be completely ridiculous for folks to have to go back into the market place and update their household income all over again when we have not even received our first bill for our first premium yet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 225 • Replies: 1
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Dec, 2017 06:55 am
@Harknow,
You might need to call the Obamacare government help line for that one. They are probably the only ones who know whether they've already figured in the 2% increase or not.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Social Security increase and Obama Care
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:59:46