It has been dared...

Seed

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:00 pm
i have been dared to shave my head bald by a couple friends of mine. now mind you it doesnt really matter to me... i think its all in good fun... I have done it before as stated in another thread....

You have seen some of my pics... the two i have had for my avatar... the question at hand.... and Prince I already know what you think.... But how do you think i would look devoid of hair?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 437 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
I shaved my head for my 30th birthday.

Don't do it in winter would be my comment.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:11 pm
the last time i did it was in feburary in the mountians... so i know what its like... burrrr!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
Yes, August seems like the right time.

Well, given that you'll do it, have fun.

Seems silly to me, which is probably a fine reason to do it.

past that, I can see changing hair affects our sense of self and the process can punch buttons re selfrecognition past the usual.

I've had medium length hair for decades. What changes is whether I slave to make it be sort of straight and curl under, or have kind of a wedge angle, etc., be curly, be straight. But as a woman of various decades, I have felt most me with this shoulder length hair. Every once in a while I get it cut short, or cut it myself out of frustration with salons. Have had it short this last several months, short and curly, cut it myself twice, complements both times. People seem to respond, oh, yes! I see what they mean, but it isn't quite me in the mirror.

Which is useful, interesting, since we aren't our faces, our hair, exactly.

It's growing again and I'm happy...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:23 pm
If you're going to do it, and it's part of a dare - have them make a donation to a charity in exchange.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:24 pm
i just might... sound s like a good idea to me Smile thanks ms. beth
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:26 pm
In the perfect world, it would be part of the Bear's benefit concert (and we'd be sure to get pix that way). :wink:
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 09:27 pm
lol that would be fairly awesome... :-D
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It has been dared...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:13:39