What makes someone competent in being a cell phone salesperson ?

Fri 1 Dec, 2017 01:23 pm
In the analysis I've concluded there isn't much if any Technological training required, there is Sales training possibly I'm not sure about that but I'd imagine at least a little bit.

I concluded this from going into numerous stores that sell cell phones over a period of 4 months & most of the sales people have no clue what they are talking about when I have questions about the device they almost always have no answers & sometimes I've also found there were a few who will make inaccurate claims about the cell phone in question.

I did this to find out two things
1. To find out how competent the sales people were after dealing with a few who had no clue about the devices they were selling
2. To find out the odds of how simple it would be to sell something to someone who is not all that knowledgeable about cellular devices.

I came to realize that it would be very simple to be a sales person making good incentives & commissions selling cell phones but..... Is it honest work?

Not really no because when you ask questions most of the time there is not a answer & if there it it's either propagated or it is missing crucial elements to the questions narrative.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 295 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

centrox

Sat 2 Dec, 2017 01:34 pm
@MKABRSTI,
MKABRSTI wrote:
I came to realize that it would be very simple to be a sales person making good incentives & commissions selling cell phones but..... Is it honest work?

About 2 years ago I wanted a new smartphone, one better than my ZTE Blade 3; I don't use contract phones. I prefer to buy a phone and use a SIM-only contract with a mobile provider. I am with Virgin Mobile in the UK. I went into the Virgin Mobile shop in Bristol and discussed my needs with a salesman. He said, "You should not buy your phone from here; we have a poor range and the prices are high. Go to Carphone Warehouse round the corner". I did, and got an unlocked Motorola Moto G3. He was very honest.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What makes someone competent in being a cell phone salesperson ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:53:48