What is with celebrities?

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:12 pm
So i'm driving along in my shuttle today, listenin to the radio, and it seems all they ever talk about is celebrities. You know, the kind of stuff like, who's together, who cheated on who, bla, bla bla, you guy's all know what i'm talkin aboit. Am I the only one on this planet that doesn't care what they are doing, or who they're doing it with?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 603 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:13 pm
I get how you don't care about it, but I also get how people do care about it.

It's like spying on a person without being noticed, or living a repressed dream on someone else wishing they were them or with them.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:19 pm
They are the greek gods of our era. You can talk about them behind their backs with all your friends. They are like the beautiful people in high school - rich, attractive, etc.

For the record I think the paparrazi are stalkers and should be prosecuted as such. But we wouldn't care about the personal lives of the rich and famous if it weren't for them.

I'd like to see some more people obsessing over scientific and literary genius... If only they were more attractive...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:35 pm
Portal Star wrote:

I'd like to see some more people obsessing over scientific and literary genius... If only they were more attractive...

If only people understood what they talk about.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:13 pm
Maybe gossiping (and reading gossip) about celebrities gives us the feeling of belonging to a larger community.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:39 pm
I guess that's one other way to look at it grey.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 03:41 am
Its nice to pass the time, reading about them in magazines, seeing what they wear coz we cant afford the outfits.

I hate it when papers/mags congratulate themselves in predicting a break up!!!

Id prefer to know about a 'celebrities' work other than their private life but its nice to know if they get married or have a kid.

Remember, you dont have to be a celeb to be gossiped about.Its just done on a global scale.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:46 am
SO,

What d'ya think about Brad and Jen? Who gets the mansion?

I thought they'd last forever; their love was like a cherub riding a Vespa to a strawberry moon.

Brad and Jen
Jen and Brad
Brad n' Jen n
BradJenBradJen
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:11 pm
LOL........
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:19 pm
I LOVE BRAD!
he is just so hot
oh my god what a bitc jen was to him
I LOVE BRAD
he is mine

Me+Brad=luv4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:54 pm
U GYZ Will B 2gether 4evr!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
I don't like brad.....i'm on jen's side.....i mean that is if we are picking sides...lol.....but i'm not into this celebrity thing anyway!!!!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 02:04 am
picking jennifer means you're into that thing at least a little bit
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 04:47 am
I think they love each other but as a marriage it just isnt working out because they dont spend enough time together, oh and the baby/career thing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is with celebrities?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 07/02/2024 at 08:24:51