Can someone lose weight by just walking around somewhere.

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:08 pm
I want to be more thin. I think most guys like girls who are more thin ya. I was wondering can I just lose some weight by walking around somewhere. Can someone give me some advice on this. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 396 • Replies: 3
No top replies

AngleWyrm-paused

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 11:19 pm
They say that the spread of Body-Mass Index (BMI) for US Citizens is centered on the high side of what is considered normal. Not sure who decided where that normal is, or how it came to be.

An experiment
Across the country there are many mental institutions and other forms of incarceration where the people there are given involuntary diets and exercise by trained experts.

How does the BMI distribution of that group of people compare to the general population? Are the two curves statistically different?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 08:35 am
@asiangal555,
Yes, walking around can help you lose weight. Studies have shown that as little as 20 minutes a day of moderate exercise, such as walking, can help you lose weight. The walking should be vigorous enough so that you sweat slightly after doing it for a minutes. No need for torrents of sweat, just a little near the end to make sure your pace is fast enough to provide exercise.

40 minutes a day gives you more, and has the greatest increase in benefit. That is, if you moderately exercise, such as walking, for 40 minutes a day you will get much more out of it than walking 20 minutes a day-however, walking 60 minutes a day won't give you much more benefit than 40 minutes a day. That is why researchers feel that walking between 20 minutes and 40 minutes a day gives the best benefit for the time you are putting into it.

Depending on your physical condition, you might want to start slow and try 20 minutes a day and work up from there. Don't keep walking if your legs hurt or you are straining-if you keep walking even though you are straining, you will set yourself back. See a doctor if you are hurting from just walking 20 minutes a day.

Diet is also important if you want to lose weight. Combine a diet and moderate exercise, (walking), and you will be surprised at how much weight you can lose. And keep away from sugar, cakes and cupcakes-I'm speaking from experience here. Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2017 09:19 am
@asiangal555,
asiangal555 wrote:
I think most guys like girls who are more thin

definitely not my lived experience

toned and curvy ftw !
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can someone lose weight by just walking around somewhere.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:12:43