Am I Fat For A 13 Year Old? (Please Be Honest)

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:35 am
Hello, I am a 13 year old boy that weighs 115 pounds and is 5, 3. That may not sound like a lot, but only two weeks ago, I weighed 101 pounds. I am gaining weight rapidly, and need some way to stop. I have taken many tests and surveys wondering if I am fat, and most come up with overweight. I have also taken multiple fat percentage tests that usually result in around 40 percent body fat. I go out to eat at fast food restaurants 2-3 times a week, and can't stop eating. I am almost always trying to find candy, chips, and other junk foods because they taste so good! I have a waistline of 44 inches, a double chin, and when I stand up I can't see my feet. I am always sneaking food whenever I can, especially when I am alone. I have been called fatty at school before, and I need help now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 169 • Replies: 3
No top replies

MajesticBroccoli23

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:42 am
@MajesticBroccoli23,
I also wanted to say that I drink about 1-2 cans of pop every day, and also go through about a full container of ice cream and full size A bag of chips every day. So being honest I probably eat about 1/2 to 2/3 of my families food
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 08:39 am
@MajesticBroccoli23,
Isn't it obvious that you need to stop eating junk? You are well aware that you are putting garbage into your body.

Spark People is a well-known diet website (I do not work for them) and they have support and information for teens: https://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=15330

If you can't see your feet, I'd say, you're more than a little bit overweight.

Understand that the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. You need to learn better habits as soon as you can.

Also, go to your doctor and talk about your eating habits and how you want to change.

Oh and one more thing - the reason why you are eating everything in sight at fast food places in particular is because that stuff is empty calories, and it tends to be high in simple and complex carbs. The soda is a boatload of sugar. The buns and breading and fries are mucho carbs. The burgers are more fat than protein.
engineer

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:23 am
@jespah,
Also, you are a 13 year old boy. You are about to grow six inches in a span of a few months. Next year you will be around 5'9" and around 140 pounds and that is normal. There is a reason teenage boys have the reputation for being food vacuums. You need to eat, just not the junk you are eating.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Am I Fat For A 13 Year Old? (Please Be Honest)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 06:20:38