Well, there you have it about the staring

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 10:32 pm
After wondering about several posts where young people seem obsessed about furtive glances, stares, and long looks at each other, instead of actually SPEAKING to one another, I decided to ask a 16 year old fellow about it.

His answer was, "Staring at each other means much more than words, nowadays."

So there. Soon, talking will be obsolete.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 569 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 11:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
I recall hearing about that - in India.
seac

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2017 11:13 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, I remember my school days. I really thought the girl throwing paper balls at my head from behind did it because she didn't like me. After all these years, I know she actually liked me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 12:01 am
Are we really going to rely on 16 year olds for wisdom on human connections? Teenagers are awkward, its been that way for several generations. They can't even imagine voting....I love 16 year olds, I used to be one, but staring longingly at another may seem romantic or creepy to the one being stared at. Even if the majority of the 16 year olds in a high school think it's normal....there will be a bunch who think it's stupid.
centrox

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 02:47 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Are we really going to rely on 16 year olds for wisdom on human connections?

Oh God, I hope not! I don't know who voted you down for that, Glitterbag. Probably a stupid teenager.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 08:39 am
@roger,
Me too, Roger. Most of the posts on it, back then, were about men from India staring. A lot of us called that creepy. I still do, though I get it that those guys didn't think it was. I think some of the women or girls that were stared at, at length, were confused or didn't like it - hard to remember right now.

I've been stared at and liked it, since I liked him, but that was only for a few seconds and included me welcomed by a smile to stare back. Not often, I just remember the once. Heh, he was Italian.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 09:49 am
About 25 years ago, I used to commute to work by bus and I thought a woman was staring at me every time we happened to be in the same bus. I thought I might have seen her before but I wasn't sure. One day I felt I had to say something so I sat in the seat in front of her and said "Do I know you?". She said "Didn't you buy my brother's van last year?". I said "That pile of junk! The gearbox was shot!" She said, "Never mind. Come to my Hallowe'en party." We have been together ever since. I sold the van for more than I paid, so that was good too.

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 10:16 am
@centrox,
That's neat, centrox.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2017 10:41 am
I guess it wan't really staring she was doing, more just repeated looking. Staring is intimidating and not at all friendly.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2017 08:38 am
The steps are "usually" look (or stare), then eventually approach and start a conversation. One person has to make that move.

Because many in this generation seems to lack social skills, the staring stage moves into something creepy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Well, there you have it about the staring
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:19:54