Holding a table in restaurant

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:27 pm
Do any if you go to a restaurant where you must have all persons in your party there before they seat you?

Should one person be allowed to "hold" a table of 4 for 15 - 30 mimutes until their friends get there? Especially if there are other full parties waiting for a table?

These are not reservation tables. Just people walking in who want to hold a table.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 489 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Do any if you go to a restaurant where you must have all persons in your party there before they seat you?

yes - and I like that approach - it makes people show up on time/early
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 02:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
Should one person be allowed to "hold" a table of 4 for 15 - 30 mimutes until their friends get there? Especially if there are other full parties waiting for a table?

nope

I have no patience for that at all
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

These are not reservation tables. Just people walking in who want to hold a table.

For those sorts of restaurants - ones that do not take reservations or have some tables available for walkins - then no, one person should not be allowed to hold a table for a group for more than a few minutes. A few minutes being - you are being dropped off at the door while your other party member is parking - I have done that - but usually that is one or two people parking (like the boys being nice and dropping the girls off at the door) not like one person holding a table of 8.

And I'd imagine most restaurants would agree - as they make money over table turnover - thus this costs them money.

The above is null and void if the restaurant is super slow - in why not make the customer happy if it doesn't impact anyone else.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 05:55 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I've only seen this at fast food centric restaurants but with a relatively high turnover rate of tables... it doesn't matter.

If a restaurant isn't busy and there are plenty of open tables? Should one person be allowed to "hold" a table of 4 for 15 - 30 minutes until their friends get there? This shouldn't be considered a problem. Least not to me.

But many restaurants will have the single person wait at the bar ... so the point is moot.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2017 08:04 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
If a restaurant isn't busy and there are plenty of open tables?

the OP specifically mentions other full groups waiting for tables
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Holding a table in restaurant
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:47:55