Holiday let down.

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:30 am
Christmas has come and gone. All of those hundreds or thousands of dollars you have carefully planned to spend ( or carelessly spent) have now been opened, shipped, taken back or broken. Christmas dinner has been eaten. Decorations have been taken down.
New years eve parties are now over, alcohol drank, food eaten, new dresses worn, resolutions made.
Family members who have traveled to see you or vice versa are on thier way out the door. Some have left, some may still linger....

ITS ALL OVER

now what?

Alarm clocks at 5 in the morning remind you.. back to work.
Rush hour traffic lets you know the holiday ' spirit ' was just an excitement other drivers had to get to the mall and spend thier money. Those same drivers that would have let you pass them with a smile are now flipping you off and honking thier horns.
Your boss is now talking about higher production, higher work ethics, better time management and all that other B/S that didnt cross his lips before the holidays. Everyone at work is in a humble almost angry mood as they fall back into the daily grind.
Those presents you thought were the best in the world to recieve have now become piles of clutter in your home that make you feel like you cant even relax after work becuse you have cleaning to do, arranging to take care of and people to please.

ug.

is christmas here yet? Can we just skip the next 11 months and get back to the begining????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 682 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
I hate the holidays. They made me sick. Again this year.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:48 am
What kind of sick?
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:52 am
Shewolf, I thought you didn't work.

I'm still free until the 14th.
I've got it gooood.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:56 am
Brand X wrote:
What kind of sick?

A sore throat, laryngitis, a hacking cough that was brought on by chest congestion and is now accompanied by large amounts of mucus and a snotty nose.

The funny thing is, I don't feel sick. I am a little tired but don't feel the general ickiness I usually feel when sick. I don't know. Either way, it sucks. I can't talk. The drive thru to get my muffin this morning was great. Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:00 am
Aha, sorry bout that, I hate being sick in anyway...

So, catch ya later, snot nose kid! :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:05 am
Brand X wrote:
Aha, sorry bout that, I hate being sick in anyway...

So, catch ya later, snot nose kid! :wink:

Its just so annoying....it's a never ending supply of snot. I blow my nose, wipe my nose and still it is there...still it comes back. Confused Grrrr...
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:10 am
Yeah, and where the hell does all that snot come from???

And where is it the rest of the time when your not sick???

Sheesh.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
Im lucky. I dont work, your right sj.

I just noticed how everyone else is having this ' let down' ... hubby, friends etc.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:24 am
Brand X wrote:
Yeah, and where the hell does all that snot come from???

And where is it the rest of the time when your not sick???

Sheesh.... Rolling Eyes

Laughing
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:28 am
I'm not having this let down.
Ehhh, I got a cool ass bruise as a reminder of what I can't remember from New Year's eve. I'm sure it was totally worth it! Laughing
My holidays' expectations were fulfilled and surpassed. It just sucks that we have to go back to real "life" now that it's over.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:30 am
Shocked Are we allowed to say ass on a2k?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:50 am
I really didn't have a holiday high to come down from as the only thing I look forward to about the holidays is visiting family and friends...and being off from work.

The traveling sucks ass though, can we say ass? Or is arse more appropriate?:wink:
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:09 am
I feel the letdown accelerate Christmas morning with the opening of every gift, until it's resolved in a plate of cheese drenched casseroles and buttery sugar concoctions, followed by a nap and the onset of winter doldrums. Wish I lived in the southern hemisphere, where it was a hot, sunny holiday.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
I didn't put our tree up until the 21st, and (it was fresh-cut) it will remain up until after the Twelfth day of Christmas, January 6- The feast of the Three Kings.
I am NOT a fan of Christmas Season beginning the day after Hallowe'en and ending on December 26... but I'm very glad that the Holiday Rush is over.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 12:52 pm
I'm having one let down after another today. Holiday or no holiday....today is one big let down. *grrrr....*
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 12:58 pm
Sorry you're sick, Kristie.

I had a whole bunch of Christmases, it's been finish one and then prepare for the next for about a month solid, so it's weird that it's over-over. Started as I finished getting gifts for my extended family's get-together on December 12th and had to send 'em off in time, then finishing making and sending gifts to other side(s) of the family in time for regular Christmas, then getting our family Christmas together, then 3 days later Christmas with my dad and his wife, then just yesterday Christmas with my mom. Whew!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
Kristie wrote:
I'm having one let down after another today. Holiday or no holiday....today is one big let down. *grrrr....*

Aw, pookie...<pet> <pet>....... :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 01:11 pm
Thanks brandx <purrs>

My hubby is working a LOT the next couple days (like 15 hours yesterday and probably 13 hours today) so I have been home alone and I hate being home alone when I am sick. Especially when I am taking all these medicinces with no one there to call 911 if I have a weird reaction or something. I just hate being alone when I am sick. That's why I come here to complain. Smile YOu all are such good company.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 01:16 pm
I live alone and I do think about the safety aspect of that often, but overall I don't mind it at all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Holiday let down.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:45:05