i'm in love with an older guy

yhubeee

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:25 pm
It all started in high school. this tall handsome guy came to volunteer to teach us music for a concert I had a crush on him and we even became friends. meanwhile my feelings for him grew. He never told me he liked me or loved me either or acted directly in a way that suggested so. He was just always nice, caring and compassionate towards me. Well, I graduated and never got to see him again. We only kept taps on social media which became formal with time. until after two years later, he suggested we meet... Guys really, I struggle to keep my feelings away because I am afraid to make the first move because he is the churchy type and what if he thinks I'm too young to start a serious relationship with. I'm sure he knows about my feelings for him through my actions. I'm the type that can't hide my feelings no matter how I try. For the details im 19years and he should be 28 or 29. My question is I don't know if I should go out with him... I really feel odd about it. What does he see this outing as, what does he mean by it?... Please help me! We are supposed to see a movie together...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 397 • Replies: 7
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:54 pm
@yhubeee,
Of course you should go out with him. Why not?

What if he thinks you are too young for a serious relationship? That will become clear, and you will move on. My advice is to simply enjoy the date, whatever happens. If he isn't interested, it might be a little awkward and you might be a little sad... and you will move on. That's what we all do. Unless I knew the guy, I couldn't possibly know what the date means to him. He clearly wants to spend time with you, right?

When I ask a woman out for a first date, my goal is to get to know her better. If I am going to spend the time then I have at least some interest. I never have any long term plans before a first date. As man, I want to have an enjoyable time and to get to know my date better. I hope my date will be relaxed and have fun being with me. That is my main goal.

Dating is often awkward, that is the nature of this social interaction. The key is to enjoy it. Be clear with yourself what you want, but while you are there, have fun. I wouldn't worry about the age difference.

yhubeee

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 01:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks... I really find this helpful
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 01:10 pm
What "actions" have you done that have revealed how you feel about him?

roger

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 02:25 pm
@yhubeee,
How well do you know him? If you don't know him well enough to know if he's married, and maybe with children, it's just possible you should slow down a bit.
yhubeee

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 03:23 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm always eager to see him, asking after him and stuff. I'm sure a guy should know when a girl is totally into him
0 Replies

yhubeee

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 03:25 pm
@roger,
Well enough! He is single
0 Replies

yhubeee

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 03:34 pm
@roger,
Well enough to know his not married. He is totally single
0 Replies