How can women adjust career job with household work and family?

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:05 pm
From career job or working women,I mean those women who are doing jobs in addition to household or bringing up of children.
It is believed that women are more empowered if they are earning for themselves.However,does not it get difficult for women to bring up kids and manage household work alongside jobs?I have often seen married working women envying those women who just have to work for their kids and household.Those married working women often believe that their life is much more hectic as compared with that of a homemaker woman.Some homemakers do not do any job and feel much confident about their decision;they think that their life is much more balanced this way as they can look after kids and house in a better way and get time for themselves too.How do women manage higher education with household and kids.Does career job or higher education effect their marriage.A working women can easily separate from her husband and has enough finance for raising kids on her own,but separation from spouse is may be something which happens in most severe situations and generally people want to avoid that.What are the other benefits of a career job for women?
I do not want to offend anyone.I was just being curious.I respect all reasoning and responses.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 588 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 06:16 am
@student2,
Why aren't you asking about men balancing career and family?
student2

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 07:26 am
@jespah,
Because I think that mothers have more attachment with children.Fathers are also attached with children but I think that still mothers are more attached with them.Anyways,someone has to give time to children and guide their upbringing.Also,household work needs be done.If both of the spouses work as well as give time to children and household then it puts more burden on both of them.If children have to work for household then it is also more stressful for them as their studies also require time.So,how is the situation managed optimally.Also,I was curious to know about the advantages which women with career jobs have.Some say that one of the advantages is also that career keeps women too busy and so they are not left with time to indulge in gossip or they do not have time to overthink over negative or depressive stuff,so,it is better in perspective of better mental health too.But I doubt the autonomy aspect as spouse will always have to give importance to the say of their children's mother.But may be still working women have more decision making power in their lives.However,I will want to know about advantages which women will have if they have a career.
0 Replies

student2

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 07:42 am
@jespah,
My post might look odd.Actually,I am from a different culture.I keep hearing this stuff as well as other ideologies.But I think that one should keep questioning everything ,this also increases ones knowledge.So,I was just curious to know.I have studied about feminism too.Not in too much detail,but somewhat I am familiar with it.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 09:40 am
@student2,
Earning money and developing a career are good for everyone. It builds confidence, independence and self-esteem.
Some women (and some men) choose to be "stay at home" parents. That is their choice and apparently this works for them.
A lot of women don't really have a choice. They must work in order to keep the bills paid.
There is no optimum as every family is different.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How can women adjust career job with household work and family?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 05:56:52