Here's my plan for New Years Eve... it's a good one.

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:56 pm
I've been mulling this over for awhile, trying to come up with the perfect way to open the New Year. I believe I have it.

It will take place at Shirley's Diner. I've already contacted Gertrude, Bertha, George Wiggings (from the funeral parlor), Lenny, Beatrice, and, of course, my late cousin Joe Birdidnick.

We're gonna grab a bunch of chairs and make a circle in the center of the diner. Then we'll sit there and drink some whiskey and make small talk. I have a hidden tape recorder taped to the late Joe Birdidnick's back that has a timer in it. Every 30 seconds or so it will appear that Joe is saying, "What a party!" or "Pour me another one, Gus!"

Then, at the stroke of midnight, we all pick up our party blowers. You know what those are, right? Like this kid has.....

http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/KingsParkES/speech/images/blower.gif

So, like I was saying, at the stroke of midnight, (I'll cleverly put one in Joe's mouth- again a timer is involved) we start blowing like crazy. The sound of the paper from those party blowers ripping through the air in a beautiful, orchestrated movement is almost too much for me to bear.

If anyone here at A2K thinks they can make it in time, well, hell.... I'll save a chair for ya. The diner is on the corner of Oak and Main.

See ya there.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha! It's gonna be a good time!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,442 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:59 pm
Whaddya mean New Years Eve you old coot? It's been and gone - history. Take your pills and lie down!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:03 pm
I'm on my way Gus. I got all dressed up today waiting for an invite, so I'm gonna go get the lawn tractor out of the shed, gas up and drive like a crazy broad to Shirley's diner. It's raining out, so I'll be a little wet when I get there, but hell, who cares.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:05 pm
I've already taken my pills, Mr. Stillwater. Tomorrow, if my hangover isn't too bad, I will explain time zones to you.

It's a fascinating subject.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:06 pm
Better drive like hell, Montana. The bewitching hour is fast approaching.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:11 pm
Save me a chair too! Montana pick me up, it's on your way...by the way Gus, where do you live?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
We have plenty of time until Midnight - no rush!

What's for dinner gustav and more importantly,
what have you got to drink?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
I have a bottle of Jim Beam whiskey and two cans of Old Milwaukee beer. The diner is in the middle of New Mexico.

Hurry!
0 Replies

msolga

What is the time now where you are, Gus?
0 Replies

Montana

I'm typing from my tractor computer and I'm on my way Gus. I've got my foot to the floor and I'm driving in full throttle, so I just might make it. I've already passed every tractor on the road and now they're all following me. I suppose they've figured out that I know where the action is and have decided they want to come too. my dress keeps blowing up over my head, so it's hard to see the road sometimes, but all is good.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
I don't drink whiskey and I've been in the middle of
New Mexico too. Enticing isn't one word that comes to
mind. You have to come up with a better plan. http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:19 pm
colorbook wrote:
Save me a chair too! Montana pick me up, it's on your way...by the way Gus, where do you live?

Good thing you caught me colorbook. I almost passed you. Your exit is coming up, so wait for me outside. Don't be afraid of all the tractors behind me because they're cool.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
Looks like we party without Calamity Jane. I aint about to make concessions just to entice Jane to the party. Oh, sure, she sounds like a nice gal and all, but tonight.... WE DRINK WHISKEY!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:25 pm
I'm not a whiskey gal either, Gus, but I hope you don't mind me bringing a case of my home brew.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:26 pm
Yes you party without me,
I don't budge either.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:26 pm
****! Look at the time!

I'm off to the diner.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:27 pm
Ill pass, you know. The alcoholic rage and tthe staanding court order ting. I hope you understand. My PO is a stickler for calling him on my ceell phone so he can trace me.
Try mixing the JB with some other liquids like taang and Mt Dew.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:28 pm
Happy New Year
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:36 pm
Happy New Year to you too. I'm pulling up in front of your house now, colorbook, so get ready to hop on because I've got to haul ass and get back on the highway. I see you didn't wear a dress. Good call ;-)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:42 pm
Montana wrote:
Happy New Year to you too. I'm pulling up in front of your house now, colorbook, so get ready to hop on because I've got to haul ass and get back on the highway. I see you didn't wear a dress. Good call ;-)

I see you are wearing jeans too Cool...it's a long way to New Mexico...do you think we will get there in time?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Here's my plan for New Years Eve... it's a good one.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 03:11:18